I took advantage of an offer of an online detailing supplier had on CleanMitts - Winter Protection Package - Collinite 476 & Poorboys Wheel Sealant - Clean Mitts - Collinite 476s and PB Wheel Sealant, both with free applicators and microfibre cloths.
Fast service, delivery and customer service, highly recommended.
The A3 has had the same treatment yesterday but ran out of daytime to take pics.
PS - the Panda isn't mine!
With the cold temperatures and the gritters being out the car started off like
Not very nice!
My usual washing routine consists of:
- Spraying the alloy wheels with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and agitating with a detailing brush
- Proceeded to wash the exterior using two bucket method and a Karcher powerhose. Washed with a wash mitt using TurtleWax ZipWax - no specific ratio, just poured it in to make it nice and bubbly
- Dried using a microfibre drying towel
Since it's coming into winter I also completed the below
- Clay - Meg's Smooth Surface kit with Megs Quick Detailer
- Polish - 2 coats of Autoglym SRP - 15 minutes between coats
- Wax - 2 coats of my newly acquired Collinite 476s - this is a paste wax, not the liquid wax were all use to. Just rub the supplied microfibre application pad over the wax. Very little is needed and as I found out - little is the new more. Apply a thin layer of wax to the car and let it cure until it's a light haze on the paintwork - buff off with the microfibre cloth CleanMitts also provided as part of the deal.
- Wheel sealant - Also courtesy of CleanMitts I also found that less is more with the PB. Apply a thin layer of the product to your alloy wheel and let it cure until there is a light haze on the wheel. Again, buff off using another microfibre cloth CleanMitts provided. The package recommends 2-3 coats so thats what I done.
- Tyres shined using a paintable tyre shine from a local motor factors
- Coat of RainX applied to exterior windows
- Total time - 3.5 hours