What chamois????

Chris-gsxr

Reaction score
Hi My question is in the title. Looking to get a chamois to use on the car and bike. I want a good one but there are so many im not sure what one to get. Are they all the same and do the same job or is one better than another? I've seen them for sale for a pound up to almost £20. Any recommendations?
Synth or leather?
I'm lost! Can someone please shed some light on this for me please.

chamois are so 1980"s mate dont bother!
get a microfibre drying towel!
machine washable and scratch free!
anywhere you can get them! got mine from halfrauds for £5 and its a big one! :blow:

Also spotted micro fibre drying clothes?

yeah they will do, but drying towels are better as bigger and make the job quicker!
i paid £30 for my last chamois about 10 years ago and its still hanging up in the garage like a stiff yellow ornament!

Using a shammy is ok on a tractor, but not your pride and joy.Use the two bucket system with a sheepkin mitt and the drying towels.If you already have a shammy,they are a sensual tool when soaked in warm water.And bubblebath.....

Ebay number. 110960371926

I was just looking at this one on eBay.
Can't seem to post a link off my phone sorry. Is this a decent one?

Anyone care to post a link to a good one to buy

Thanks everyone for the info. I've went for a 60x60cm autoglym towel off amazon £9.90 delivered.

It may be also worth mentioning the method of using the drying towel which is different from using a chamois to prevent scratches/swirls.

If you lay the microfibre flat and pat dry and lift off rather than rub this stops any remaining dirt rubbing in to the paint and doesnt leave any streaks.

Again there are many different kinds of drying towels on the market to choose from. Like detailing in general it can be down to personal preference on what you use. If this is a waffle towel it can sometimes leave small stipple marks of water on the paint, but see how you go.

Ideally a towel that you can use on the whole car without the need to wring out is much better as it means its not saturated and wont leave marks :)

Thanks for the info. Hopefully ill get chance to use it over the weekend so ill see how it goes. Cheers

Just an update. I used the autoglym towel today and all i can say is how impressed i am with how fast it dried the car and how much water it soaked up,leaving the car water mark/streak free.
My only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner.
Cheers guys, I probably would have ended up with a cheap chamois if I hadn't ast on here first.