Window Cleaner

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Arvo, used Windowlene on the inside windows, but for some reason they have gone all smeary and fogging up. Never done it before so it is a bit strange. Anyway, what do you recommend as a suitable window cleaner? Cheers

I either use a dry microfibre cloth, for normal cleaning and for more aggressive cleaning AG fast glass + microfibre cloth. I think a good microfibre cloth is the answer to clean windows.

If the windows is very dirty use a little warm water with a drop in washing up liquid and a tiny drop of vinegar. Works a treat. If they're only slightly dirty use a microfibre towel. I bought one in Lidl for about £1.

If your looking to polish your windows use an old Newspaper. One with plenty of black ink preferibly and a little breath. Can't beat it and it costs next to nothing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Newspaper???? - Does that actually work??

Just make sure it doesn't have any chips left in it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

seriously - does that actually work?? - not sure if i ile the idea of wiping a copy of the sunday sport all over my car

Yes one of the best glass/chrome cleaners around, and the Daily Star is great value for money, as they tend to have big black newsprint adverts.
I use newsprint for windows and my mirror casings.

Meguiars NXT glass cleaner. Just spray some on, and use a cotton cloth or microfibre cloth to polish off. No smearing and makes the glass super clean. Also has beading properties - similar to Rain-X. So when driving down a motorway, the water rides up the screen.

I use it inside and outside.

So good I used it on my patio doors!