mop for a beginner.

As a beginner this isn't the machine you want to be using as it's a rotary and in the wrong hands it's so easy to damage your paintwork!

Ok the price is cheap, but if you burn through the paint then the cost of a respray is so much more.

Ideally as a beginner you should be looking for a dual action polisher which spins two ways and does not generate as much heat as a rotary and with loads of pressure simply stops rather than going through the paint. As Audi paint is hard it will take longer to correct but at least it's done safely.

I have a buffer and I've lent it out twice, both times they have ended up bringing the mop back along with the car to redo,
the results of a mop can be amassing but also can be a disaster if you get it wrong,
I had the same as your looking at they are not bad for the money, as above contact juicy and try go for a mild product

thanks guys, i lie, i have used a 'mop' (haha) i few times before, but only on flat non metalic paints. i have seen some metalic cars after a mop look awful with haze and holografic marks all over. iv been looking and might get a good prewax cleaner with a decent hard wax and see them results 1st then decide from there.

Ive just purchased the autosmart dual head random orbital polisher...nice bit of kit with variable speed...
i got offered 1 of these not long back from AS. what do u use with it to polish your car up?

I still say the best polisher for the newbie is the 12v da from Halfrauds, good enough to get impressive newbie results, cheap enough so won't break the bank and not powerful enough to do any major damage, unless you really work at it.

I taught myself using a kestrel das-6, best thing I've bought for detailing