Detailing noob - What is the best order to polish, clay and wax?

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Morning everyone!

I'm planning on giving my 8L S3 a little fettle today, and I was wondering what the best order to do things is...

Is it best to - Wash, dry, polish, clay with detailing spray, then wax...

Or - Wash, dry, clay with detailing spray, then polish and wax after?

I use all Meguiars stuff, always have so it's the ultimate polish, ultimate quik detailer, tech wax 2 an even the clay bar and car shampoo lol

Any help would be appreciated :)

Ben

Morning everyone!

I'm planning on giving my 8L S3 a little fettle today, and I was wondering what the best order to do things is...

Or - Wash, dry, clay with detailing spray, then polish and wax after?

This one but after you have clayed it wash it again, don't forget 2 bucket method when washing to reduce spider Web scratches. Post pictures when you're finished.

2 buckets, one with you car wash in it the other with nothing but clean water. Wash the car thoroughly with a jet wash the more grit, dust ect you can get off the better for obvious reasons.

Using a lambs wool mitt wash one panel at a time, rince the mitt in the clean water so any dirt goes in there and not in your bucket with the car wash.

Ahhhhh that makes sense, cheers for your help mate :) I'll get to halfrauds later and get one of those sheeps wool mits, I've seen them in there before :)

Ben

The pointless thing is though, with that... Mines already covered in spider web scratches haha