Audi A3 Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Powder Coating
An enhancement detail on a kitted Audi A3 TDI which the owner had just bought the owner also wanted the alloys powder coating in gun metal grey and also the brake calipers painted silver. Not my usual amount of photos as i seem to have lost some when laptop died, but anyway on with the write up.
Products and equipment used
Uber microfiber towels
Chemical guy’s woolly mammoth drying towel
3m yellow pads 150mm 75 mm
3m black pads
Halogen site lights
Makita rotary polisher
Carpro Fixer polish
Britemax Black Max
Britemax Vantage wax
3m masking tape
Costco microfibre towels
Meguiars hyper dressing
Valet pro citrus bling
Valet Pro PH neutral Snowfoam
Valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner
Valet pro tyre dressing
Bilt Hamber clay bar
Kranzle pressure washer
Carpro Sheepskin wash mitt
Noodle wash mitt
Carpro Lambs wool wash mitt
Poorboys microfibre clothes
Uber buffing clothes
Autobrite Snow foam gun
Chemical guys Jetseal 109
The car was then given its first coat of snow foam whilst this was dwelling I went round the car using APC in a foaming head bottle cleaning the fuel filler area and various gaps and grills. The snowfoam was then blasted off with the pressure washer, and then the car was given another coat of the same mix snowfoam and the car was washed using the 2 bucket method with grit guards in both buckets and a Carpro lambswool wash mitt.
The car was then rinsed off using an open ended hose and I then went round the car with Tardis which was left to go to work before being wiped down with microfibre clothes. The car was then given a coat of Ironx again left to do its stuff before the car was washed down using the pressure washer.
The car was clayed using citrus bling and water mix (10 to 1) and a Bilt hamber soft clay bar which helped to pull more contaminates from the paint work it was then rewashed using the same method and dried using the woolly mammoth.
The car was then taken into unit to have the wheels removed ready to be dropped off at the powder coaters the next morning so once the car was on he axle stands I started on the arches next and they where sprayed with APC and cleaned using various brushes and a noodle wash mitt. They where then sprayed with Tardis which was left do its stuff whilst I moved onto the next arch before going back and being wiped down with a microfibre cloth and left to dry. And then before the wheels were refitted after the powder coating they were given a couple of coats of Megs Hyper dressing.
The brakes where given 2 coats of silver hammerite smooth finish paint using various brushes
Some shots of the car before showing dealer prep
I then taped the car up and went round with various yellow 3m pads and Carpro Fixer polish, each panel was given a wipe down with Carpro eraser after polishing to check finish and remove any polishing oils.
I then went round the car a using the DA and Britemax blackmax on a black 3m pad which was buffed using Uber buffing towels.