Best Alloy cleaner?

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently got a new car, and noticed the wheels inside the rim are quite dirty I tried to clean them down today, but really need to take them off and clean them with a strong+but safe wheel cleaner, any recommendations? thanks

I either use Auto Glym Clean Wheels or Wonder Wheels, not sure if it is strong but it makes a little difference to my wheels when i clean my car.

If you havent cleaned the rears of the wheels before you'll need some tar remover and iron fallout remover as wheel cleaner probably wont remove all of the contaminants. I'd recommend Autosmart Tardis and Orchard Car Care Iron Cleanse for this

Once cleaned up give them a few coats of wax/sealant and future cleaning will be far easier!

Wheel cleaner recommendations - bilberry, cartec wheel cleaner, meguiars etc. To be honest once the wheels are sealed you will have little need for a dedicated wheel cleaner, car shampoo will do the job

Bilberry is a cracking wheel cleaner and can be diluted or used neat. Depending on how bad the wheels are you may need to give them a clean with some Ironx as this will help remove any built up contaminates from them.

Aas has already been mentioned Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and either Car Pro Iron X or Car Pro Trix which is a combined iron and tar remover in one.

If you can remove the alloys to clean fully you will be able to complete a more through job and then seal afterwards to help future maintainence. Although the sealant doesnt stop/reduce brake dust/tar etc it makes cleaning much easier as you can generally use either a very heavily diluted wheel cleaner if you do quite a bit of milage or your existing shampoo ... here's some links:

Valet Pro Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 1 Litre | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

CarPro IronX Cherry - Highly Effective Surface Cleaner 500ml | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

Car Pro TRIX Iron & Tar Remover 600ml | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

Chemical Guys Wheel Guard | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

A nice set of wheel brushes is also a good investment....although these are quite expensive they are excellent and last a long time

Chemical Guys Wheel Woolies - Premium 3 Piece Set | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

Aas has already been mentioned Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and either Car Pro Iron X or Car Pro Trix which is a combined iron and tar remover in one.

If you can remove the alloys to clean fully you will be able to complete a more through job and then seal afterwards to help future maintainence. Although the sealant doesnt stop/reduce brake dust/tar etc it makes cleaning much easier as you can generally use either a very heavily diluted wheel cleaner if you do quite a bit of milage or your existing shampoo ... here's some links:

Valet Pro Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 1 Litre | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

CarPro IronX Cherry - Highly Effective Surface Cleaner 500ml | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

Car Pro TRIX Iron & Tar Remover 600ml | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

Chemical Guys Wheel Guard | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing

A nice set of wheel brushes is also a good investment....although these are quite expensive they are excellent and last a long time

Chemical Guys Wheel Woolies - Premium 3 Piece Set | Wheels & Tyres | Juicy Detailing