Which Wheel Wax please?

jaygeezer871

Reaction score
I'm Picking up my refurbed Carlsson alloys for my classic Saab 900 tomorrow.
They are painted grey with polished rims and i want to keep them looking shiny new.
A quick search on here shows that you guys are using either Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine or Poorboy's Wheel Sealer.
Are these the best two or can someone recommend anything else?

Thanks in advance, J.

On all the details I do I always use poorboys. Can't rate it enough!

Thanks for your replies, must say i'm leaning towards the Poorboys.
Just out of interest i asked the same question on the UKSaabs site and a got a completely different response...

"Check out the Armor all wheel shield. Orca done a review of it recently and it sounds pretty good. I've just tried some on mine...time will tell if it prolongs the finish."

"Finish Kare 1000P is a pretty good sealant and withstands the heat that goes into the wheels from the brakes.
Cleaning is a doddle you just wash them down and dry them off. Recoat every couple of months...nice an easy"

"I was going to suggest Finishkare as well for the Carlssons as they are nice and flat, unlike the cross spokes. The biggest benefit of the armor all stuff is that you don't have to polish it off afterwards."

"The armor all claims 4 -6 weeks I suspect the Finishkare would last longer and if you've got it for the rest of the car it's virtually free as it only needs the thinnest coat or two!"