De-badging my A3...

G

_G_

Hey peeps...

Concerned as of late about all these A3 thefts and now the 2.0T is a target too... I wanted to remove the 2.0T badge.. but I've never removed one before and would not know how to. Posting it up in detailing because I guess I need something to remove any glue/residue so I can polish and blend it in.

Never liked the badge on the back anyway so it's a good time to remove it.

Heat the badge up with a hair drier. Pull the badge off, using floss/fishing line to cut through the adhesive foam if necessary

Peel off as much of the adhesive as possible then use a tar and glue remover such as autosmart tardis to remove any residue

You probably need to polish the area as well

don't suppose hellfrauds have a suitable glue remover do they? one round the corner so i could do it first thing in the morning. Got floss/fishing line. Thanks.

don't suppose hellfrauds have a suitable glue remover do they? one round the corner so i could do it first thing in the morning. Got floss/fishing line. Thanks.

Autoglym Tar and Adhesive remover :icon_thumright:

You will get some ghosting left behind when the badge is removed as the paint around it will have faded and the paint under the badge wont have.