Temp gauge

I

imported_Gytha

Hello! I think my temperature gauge is probably ok but thought I'd better check. You see since we had that very hot weather a few weeks ago I noticed the gauge on the dashboard doesn't sit just slightly to the right of the 90 but keeps dropping down to about 75-80. Now I know I need to worry big time if the temp goes high but what about low? At one point it only just got off the 65 for almost my whole journey home (about 10 miles so engine def warmed up).
Should I worry? the car seems to be running fine and no probs.

Also, can anyone tell me if climate control needs regassing at any time like air con does?

Cheers
Gytha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had a problem with the temp gauge and i replaced the sensor, about £20 from main dealer.

There is a post somewhere that provides pictures on how to do it.

15 minute job, just make sure the engine is cold. :)

As for the re-gassing, this is recommended to be done every 3 - 5 years.

[ QUOTE ]
Brill! Thanks for that!! I was expecting something in the region of £100 cos thats what always seems to happen to me not long after I've bought a car

How nice of the salesman to tell me that when I asked him specifically if the climate control needed regassing - "no, he said, it never needs regassing" Course I wasn't sure whether to believe him cos I thought it worked in the same way as air con. Why can they never be big enough just to say "don't know I"ll find out" or something!!!???

Thanks for your help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not print this post and send it to the Dealer Principal, so that he knows what a gimp he employs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif