Vauxhall Zafira VXR Enhancement Detail

Juicy Jen

Jen @ Juicy Detailing
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.juicydetailing.co.uk
Hi everyone its a while since I've posted up a detail as there has been a few developements which have completely thrown both Andrew and I!

For the next 9 months or so I'm unable to do any machine polishing work as we are expecting the pitter patter of tiny feet at the beginning of January 2013. As we have also had to lose a staff member this has meant that I am spending more time doing administration and processing orders, therefore I have taken the decision to take on a resident detailer.

Dan is a well know detailer around the North East and somebody that I would trust to work on my own car so I have full faith in his abilities.

So the first vehicle we had in for Dan was Karl's Vauxhall Zafira which was in need of a Enhancement and protection as he is in the forces and working a way for a few months and no longer has a garage to store the car in.

So this is what landed with us a couple of saturday's ago:

DSC01348.jpg

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01352.jpg
DSC01354.jpg

If Carlsburg make snowfoam this would be it:yahoo:Avalanche Snow Foam - soon to be stocked by Juicy!

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

Rinsed off...

DSC01370.jpg

The car wash then washed using the 2 bucket method, rinsed, decontaminated, washed again, rinsed and then dried using Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel and the blower to get rid of all the annoying drips

DSC01373.jpg

The vehicle was then taken inside our detailing bay and prepared for a one stage machine polish..using Menz 203; a Yellow 3M pad and rotary

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

Mirror's needed a good polish

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

Len's needed correcting as well

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

Working on the rear of the car including vinyl strip polished

DSC01441.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

Nice couple of coats of Zaino Z2, Z6 and Wet Glaze 2.0

DSC01467.jpg

Exhaust tips polished up

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

Windows all cleaned and one of our new Juicy stickers added

DSC01439.jpg

Last edited:
Wax to finish it all off with

DSC01477.jpg

and the result of 7.5 hour work by Dan

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

Finally we took the Zaffy outside but unfortunately the weather wasn't playing ball and the dark clouds were looming

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

Spot our new car in the background ;)

DSC01499.jpg

DSC01485-001.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to have a read through :wub:

Looking good Jen, great work by Dan, a real asset to your business! Congratulations on your forthcoming arrival. :) Is their a minimum age you can start kids at Detailing bootcamp? :)

As an aside I am looking for new snow foam soon. How is the cleaning power of this one? I find VP pH Neutral is OK but doesn't really shift much dirt. Also any plans to stock Chemical Guys Gallon bottles?

My youngest is in training!

The Avalanche definitely shifts the muck, did a little video on it so I'll try and get it loaded up.

Which gallons of CG are you interested in?

Awesome work Jen! Just on a side note, my other half's dad has a JCB pressure washer, it has a "detergent bottle" on a tube attached to the pump inside the machine but that doesn't snow foam, it just comes out as watery bubbles a bit like that stuff we had as kids.. Admittedly I was just using normal shampoo, do I need specific snow foam solution or is it the system? If so, can you supply inline snow foam attachments for these machines?
Sorry for the hijack!!

You'll find that the majority of pressure washers on the Market have some kind of soap dispenser, however as you have experienced it comes out rather diluted and thin.

Ideally you need a foam lance and specific snow foam (this attaches to the lance end) which has a different chemical make up to shampoo, thus develops thicker foam. The best thing to do as I'm not familiar with your washer is if you can email me a few pictures from different angles of the female end of the lance. Once I have this I can confirm the fitment you require....

When are you looking to stock the Avalanche Snow Foam? It looks great, I've tried lots of different makes of foam and none come close to being that thick and clingy.