What cutting compound

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
After some great advice from this section a few months back i changed the way i clean my car, moved to the TBM using a mit and drying towel instead of brush and leather, now i usualy polish by doing a couple of coats of Auto Glym super resin polish and then a coat of Auto Glym high def, but am seeing lots of light scratches, t-cut is useless at best so i am looking for a cutting compound that will do the job by hand, i don't have the time to start getting involved with machine polishing so would just like to wash, cut, polish and seal,any reccomendations greatfuly recieved as always,
Thanks ,
Matt

I'm afraid vag paint is too hard to sort out swirls and light scratches by hand

you could try poorboys black hole which will fill in the swirls to some extent

You are unlikely to get the scratches out by hand on Audi paint. See What Polish Should I Use? | Car Care Advice | Polished Bliss

You'll probably want a filler heavy product to fill/hide the swirls and then lock that in with the HD wax. Having said that AG Super Resin Polish is one of the best to use by hand and contains some fillers. So if that is not doing what you want you are unlikely to get a drastic improvement from other polishes.

If you don't want to buy a machine polisher have you considered getting someone to do a correction for you? There's a list here: DW Supporters List -Need a detailer. - Detailing World it might not be as expensive as you think.