Over spray type paint marks on my car.

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
I must of followed a van or something which was leaking white paint. I don't know exactly when it happened but it must have been a week or two ago. It looks like fine over spray on the front O/S, front centre of the bonnet and front of the O/S wheel arch. Some of it looks like chipped paint so its all rather confusing, but it does look a mess.
I don't want to start scrubbing away with white spirit or similar as I don't know what the paint is, and feeling various bits of it they may be chips, so with my lack or knowledge and inexperience I would probably cause more damage.
My first thought was to try AutoGlym silicone polish with a D/A polisher to see what I could get off.
Any ideas? Or anyone Midlands based who could have a look?

08 Plate B7 Avant in Lava Grey Pearl metallic.

Tackle it with a clay bar first to see if it removes any of the over spray style marks. If its grit or something similar you'll only make matters worse if you try to use the DA on it. it should be fairly easy to tell the difference between a chip in the paint and debris on the paints surface

Definitely try claying first as this should remove over spray....either the above kit or our own Juicy Detailing Beginners Clay Kit will be suitable.

Break the bar into two or three bits and spray the area with clay lube (ensure the area is kept wet) and mould the clay in your hand to soften. Slide the clay over a small area with just enough pressure to keep the clay on the panel. You may need to go over several times until the overspray is removed...

Thanks Jen, I have just placed my order.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too much trouble to remove. I blackholed and waxed the car a few week ago so hopefully the over spray type stuff hasn't adhered too much.

Update, finally had time, and the weather, to give it a go. Using the clay bar was easier than I thought and gave a very good result, I had to remember to keep the surface wet though and it did stick a couple of times.
After the clay barring I gave it a quick going over with A/G Red and then Megs nxt wax. I may have to done it again as its not fully off, but its one hell of an improvement. I had to stop as it started to rain.

Big thanks to Moag who suggested it and Juicy Jen for their assistance and super fast delivery. Though when my missus spotted the bottle of juicy lube her first words were I'm too tired :laugh:

Before
Audipaintmark001.jpg

After
Audipaintmark002.jpg