Recommendations on travel kit?

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
After this weekend at inters and the state of my car being the dirtiest on the stand I think its time to get some sort of travel kit sorted out.

Can any one recommend a list of items to box up and take away to shows and such?

I don't want to carry a massive box of items, just something enough to clean the wheels, windows, give the body work a wipe down, remove the worse of the bug splatters and any thing else you lot might recommend.

Thanks.

After this weekend at inters and the state of my car being the dirtiest on the stand I think its time to get some sort of travel kit sorted out.

Can any one recommend a list of items to box up and take away to shows and such?

I don't want to carry a massive box of items, just something enough to clean the wheels, windows, give the body work a wipe down, remove the worse of the bug splatters and any thing else you lot might recommend.

Thanks.

Just do what I did and find a (insert Nationality here) car wash.

I usually get a load of 5 litre bottles from Tesco and take them with me. plus buckets, shampoo, drying towel. As the car has been detailed before arrival it should only then need a top up if shine with a good quality quick detailer. If thats too much to take then yep ONR or Dodo Juice have just released a similar product

Dodo Juice Low on Eau Rinseless Wash 250ml | Latest Products | Juicy Detailing

Make up a 500ml spritz bottle of diluted bilberry wheel cleaner or your existing chosen product.

Bug removal - again 500ml spritz bottle of diluted product:

Chemical Guys Bug ****** and Tar Remover | Engine & Exterior | Juicy Detailing

Take your usual window cleaner with you or decant some into another bottle and take plenty of microfibres

Thanks.

So just some no rinse cleaner, loads of cloths and normal window cleaner.

What about the wheels?
Use the no rinse cleaner as well?

No rinse cleaner if it's not soiled to bad, otherwise resort to usual washing (not a cheap car wash as that will just cause more damage).

As for alloys, what do you use now, ie when at home?

No rinse cleaner if it's not soiled to bad, otherwise resort to usual washing (not a cheap car wash as that will just cause more damage).

As for alloys, what do you use now, ie when at home?

A jet wash from tescos. lol

I'm off to Le Mans next week so I'm looking for something that I can park up on the stand, quick wipe down and I'm done.
But ultimately for other shows.

I can't use a hose pipe at my house, so its all ways been jet washes or at my old mans house.

I keep meaning to build up some sort of no rinse or low water wash kit (I've asked before I think).

Got my Dodo Juice and Bilberry today.
Just making up my spritz bottles.

Going to make up some G101 and APC bottles as well.

Thanks for the advice.

Can you let us know how you get on with the Dodo Juice? It's always good to hear how new products work out. :thumbsup:

Can you let us know how you get on with the Dodo Juice? It's always good to hear how new products work out. :thumbsup:

Soon as I can get my head around the 1:200 ratio in a 500ml or 5 litres bucket I'll let you know.

I fkn hate Ratios. I can't do them at all!!

I might be missing something obvious here but doesn't 1:200 just mean 1ml of product in 200ml of water. So 2.5 ml in 500ml water? So in 5 litres it should be 25ml of product.

My Dodo Juice Basics of Bling shampoo is 1:400 so I use 30ml in my 12 litre bucket. 1ml - 400ml water. 10ml - 4000ml water = 4l. 30ml - 12000ml = 12l.