Recommend a cleaner wax?

G

_G_

I tried to use Meguiars Ultimate Pre-Wax Polish last weekend and applied it with my Megs G220 v2 DA.

The polish left the paint really rough to the touch...

I then used Megs Ultimate Wax atop this and it helped a bit but the paint still feels rough...

I know now that this is because the Pre-Wax Polish most probably mixed with an existing wax on the surface and left micro particles that will not budge...

So my question is what should I use to remove this roughness??

A few sites recommend a "cleaner wax" but in all my years I've never had to use one before... any thoughts appreciated.

Lime prime by Dodo juice is a excellent pre-wax cleanser.

As for removing the old wax/roughness then id suggest you clay your bodywork then use a pre-wax cleanser.

Let us know how you get on?

Lime prime by Dodo juice is a excellent pre-wax cleanser.

As for removing the old wax/roughness then id suggest you clay your bodywork then use a pre-wax cleanser.

Let us know how you get on?
x2 I'd agree with this...

Iron x, tar remover then clay followed up by lime prime. Also AF rejuvenate is supposed to be good too has a bit more abrasives than lime prime.

yes... finally.. the weather has been so bad so couldnt do anything but woooo hoooo..

Dodo Juice Lime Prime is fooking genius!
I washed it with G Wash
Clayed it with Sonus Green Clay and Meguiars Detailer Spray
Then on went the DDJ LP... astounding result..

All the roughness gone that was introduced by using Megs. Pre-Wax Ultimate Polish... too abrasive IMHO... it also left ghost marks.. paint is now smooth as a babies bottom... and it was like using the black fire kit...

Glazed with PB's Black Hole Show
Then waxed with Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro
Never seen it look this good in years... took 8 hours today but worth it!!!

Thanks to one and all!!! :)

Dunno how to upload pics here..

fairly easy to apply... the wax was a bit hard in the pot but using a meguiars foam pad applicator.. its easy to scrub and pick up... it spread like warm butter and was creamy going on but i think the sunshine had a part to play with that too.. i guess it would be harder to apply if the ambient temp was lower.. it was 16 degrees when i applied it.