Leather treatment

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
While I was condition my leather I dropped the bottle and cloth.
IMAG0640.jpg

This then reminded me of something that happened on the back seat of a sierra and what the owner said.

They cover their rear seats in baby oil to help keep the leather soft and subtle.
The back seats, door cards, head rests, whole lot was covered in the stuff.

I've never thought about it until now.

Does any one or is there any thing that you can keep on the leather keep it soft, rather than conditioning it every couple of weeks?

Scott, you dont have to lie.. we all know what this really is you dirty ******! ;)

But if it really is cum-ditioner lol, then i CONdition my seats once a month really.. what did you use? I use auto-glym stuff for now.. but i heard raceglaze leather stuff is good?

try gliptone scott! google it! its the shizzle!
it smells of leathery goodness too! :thumbsup:

Reactions: glasgowdubber
You don't want to ***** a load of money on one that is no good, I would wait to see what cums from this thread before spending your hard earned..

you might be best to wait until inters and semen that deal with these sort of products all day every day and get their opinion

I knew someone would think that.
Kind of obvious really. lol

Gobs, It's gliptone, best I've used so far.
Raceglaze is ok but I preferred gliptone.

Chez, Been using it for years mate.
I'm just wondering if there is any thing you can put on it all the time. My rear seats are very rarely used.

Gliptone is on my shopping list! Good stuff that! Seen a lot of pics where it restores the leather?

the best way to keep it soft is to keep it protected to begin with

I would not use baby oil due to the oil that is in it, this will cause it to attract loads of dust causing damage to the leather you cant see just yet.

No other way other than hard work to protect it every few weeks, also the leather smelling protcetors have an oil essence in them this oil can damage your leather in time it also goes off quickly and smells rotten unless you deep clean every time you feed and protect.

In turn making you spend more money on more cleaners than you require.

Richard

Interesting read...

I had noticed that the side pillars in my S3 were going "shiny" after only 3K miles :(

I used Auto Glym Leather Cleaner and then applied Auto Glym Leather Care Balm and the shine went!! :) I'm now back to the matt look of the leather from when I picked the car up! Very happy :)

Its good to get feedback from people on different products, was at Silverstone on Sunday and there were countless stands selling cleaning products, some id never heard of from cheap to expensive.

I would like to buy some nice stuff to clean, condition and feed my leather, ive heard AG and Megs not so good?

This Gliptone name comes up a lot but ive head smells like sick?!