Volks AutosEM Tuning

Thread: RainX

6th Gear

Status

RainX

Got to say, I am very impressed by this product. Never used it before but heard a few guys talk about it and so took the plunge.

As a 'rain repellant' it is very very effective, I did half the front windscreen with RainX (driver's side) and the other half I left as is. It was very very easy to apply, make sure the screen is clear and then just wipe it on and buff it off, job done in 2/3 mins.

Fortunately it rained today and the stuff worked a beauty. On the RAINX side, you could see the rain just beading up the windscreen as you drive along and you hardly have to use the wipers to see what is ahead of you. The water justs beads off, little splatters occur when the rain hits the screen but otherwise it all just beads off. The unRAINX side was awash with water and I was amazed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] at the rate the water was being collected on the screen.

Admittedly you do have wipers that do the job, but for a 5.00 for a bottle of RAINX (which I am sure will last for a quite a while), you do have the added benefit of a much clearer windscreen when it rains and also the bugs don't see to get attached to the windscreen, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img].

Bargain I say.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

Re: RainX

Jester, it's simply awesome at night on a rainy motorway, you'd hardly believe it was raining.

I've been using it for about 4 years now on various cars. Love it. Also, Turtle Wax do their own version that they sold in B&Q. A lot cheaper, but I haven't seen it in a while.

1st Gear

Status

Re: RainX

I've upgraded my wipers to silicon ones from PIAA, they are very good at wiping plus leave a thin layer of silicon on the screen which seems as effective as rain-x but you never have to apply anything directly to the screen. Admittedly they are expensive but far outlast normal wipers with very good wiping power.