Road rash on solid black paint...

G

_G_

I don't know how or when... but I noticed it today
Close inspection of the paint

The o/s/f bonnet front has a patch about 3"x3" of minor road rash. Wouldn't polish out of course. Would it be worth a chipex repair or should I give good old Chips Away a ring to fill it/spray it? Thanks

Thanks Jen, ordered! For anyone else looking you seem to need to put discount code "Holiday" (no double quotes) in on the payment page.

lol yes that threw us too! Mines in the post as well....there are brilliant with colour matches so fingers crossed for mine. First stone chip on my bonnet :sob:

I've done it two ways....used the cloth to apply the paint in the chip(s) and then the other cloth to get rid of the residue on the rest of the paint. Was quite suprised by how well it worked.....then also used it with a very small artists brush for a deep scratch that was on the beamer

Mine too. :) Weather looks a bit dodgy and with no garage to use it will have to wait. Any chance you can post some piccies if you're doing yours Jen?

For solid colours, ive used direct gloss paint before. Basically it doesnt need lacquer, kind of built in.
Then wet sand and machine polish the area and its virtually impossible to see. This is of course more on chips, scratches etc, never tried on a bad area.

Jen did you get a "microbrush"? The instructions mention it but I didn't get one. :(

woah I havent been in the detailing section for a while but pleased with all the replies... I used chipex do a few repairs and I have got some more to go... if the weather holds up on the weekend then I will take some before and after shots for y'all. Peace out.