Megs #105 any tips?

scotty76

Reaction score
I've used Megs #205 on an orange Hex Logic pad with my DA to shift some light scratches but some won't go. So, next up it's Megs #105. I guess I'll start with the white Hex Logic pad first and see if that does it.

Does anyone have any tips they'd care to share?

cloughy? :) What sort of pressure did you use when you did your car?

I'll also be having a play with Auto Finesse Tripple at some point.

I'd go with the green hex logic as that's a pure cutting pad, as you can refine afterwards with the White. Medium pressure when the polish is breaking down....

I used green pad first mate, that didn't get all the swirls (still did a good job) out so then used the orange pad

Pressure wise it was light pressure, enough to give it some cut but not enough to give me an arm ache is the most accurate way I can describe it

I then used the white pad with 205 for refining, 4 passes with pressure and then last 2 passes with just the weight of the machine to get a high gloss :)

Thanks all.

Jen: I won't have the chance to get a green pad by tomorrow so I'll have to make do with the white and orange.

Cloughy: thanks. I can understand the level of pressure you mean.

I'm going to be targeting the obvious scratches only rather than go over the whole car. The level of defects on the rest of the car are minor and are hard to see even in sunlight. So I'm happy to turn the OCD dial down and live with them.