Microfibre drying towel..........

DALE_AVANT

Reaction score
..........are they all as good as each other?

Any recommendations appreciated!

I'm thinking of this at the moment, unsure how large it is???

getthumb.asp

Im not sure which is best but a word of advice. When washing your micro-fibre towels in a wasting machine, I have been told not to use fabric softener. Apparently they loose their static properties with softener.

The chemical guys beluga is massive! Laid flat on the bonnet and it covers half, pat it and it sucks up everything.

The wooly mammoth is so thick and soft and would be my first choice....we've got 30 coming in next week.

Thanks for the advice folks, deffo time to upgrade from the chamois

Picked up a microfibre drying towel today and gave it a go, superb results :icon_thumright:

I use a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth.
Before that a Chemical Guys Miracle Drier.

Both are good, but Mammoth is better, and a lot softer.

I've just got a blue one I picked up from Halfords I think. About 1/4 of the size of the bonnet and is just about perfect for the A3. I dry all the main panels with it and then use smaller MF cloths to clean the door shuts and get any little bits I missed.

I don't really buy into the £10 towel thing - I've just rinsed, very carefully washed the car, and then rinsed again: there shouldn't be any grit on it.

Using an open hose to sheet water off the car is brilliant, too - I hardly have any big clumps of water on the car when it comes to drying, just a light scattering of droplets which my smallish (apparently) towel has no trouble with whatsoever.

I have a blue towel very similar to the one audigex describes, I got it in ASDA for a few quid. It's fine. Lovely and soft, I have no worries about using it.

No hoses round here though or it's... :busted_cop:

Watering can without the rose on the end does the same thing and the rain water doesn't water spot.

Hosepipe ban AND water that leaves crap on your car... it's grim down south.

i got a wooly mammoth to try when it stops so i can get out and start cleaning it

Just go out now and use the towel to soak the rain clouds from the sky :salute: