what to do after wheels refurbed

marktdisport

Reaction score
hey guys just had my sline rs6 styles back from being powder coating and really want to try and keep them sweeeeeeet SO !!! whats the best thing to do i see and hear people talk about sealing the wheels... please help i dont understand what sealing is...... ive never been an experts on valeting and polishing so please excuse the silly question.....LOL ive only ever used soapy water on my wheels and only wheel acid when i9 brought a new car and wanted to give it a nice once over...

so the question is my wheels are back and ready to fit what would you do next

thanks mark

one of the best ways to keep your newly powder coated wheels looking sweeeeeeet is not to let the girlfriend drive it :sadlike: mine curbed mine the other week :crying:

Regular cleaning is the best! Get a good brush, and poorboys wheel sealer you will not be disappointed! Just take a look at the reviews mate!

Give them a few coats of poor boys wheel sealant or a durable wax such as collinite. Then wash using car shampoo. Dont use fairy liquid or similar as it will strip the wax/sealant.

Once they are sealed up they are so easy to clean!

thanks for the replys will look into some poor boys thanks again

Definately seal them!

I had some rare speedlines blasted, dipped and painted a few years ago.
I use Zaino stuff, but there's plenty of other brands. Basically treated them like the car, 3 coats of Z2, then Z6, Z8 and finally Zcs.

That's was inside and out, before they were fitted.
After that I never touched them, just used Bilberry wheel cleaner and jet wash. Not once did I use a brush etc, nothing stuck to them!

A sealant is just a synthetic coating, like Auto Glyms Extra Gloss protection (something common you might have heard of)
They form a barrier, and help prevent dirt attaching it's self.

Another option is Chemical Guys Wheel Guard for protection or even Chemical Guys Jetseal.

Once the wheels have been sealed inside and out preferably then they should take little cleaning if you do need something a bit more then diluted down bilberry 6 or 5 to 1 should be sufficient

USE LOW PH soap/shampoo to wash the and please dont use the roadside guys as their strips your finish off its protection.

well thanks for the replys guys ive now added 2 coats of poorboys sealant and the brake dust is far easier to remove even with warm water and some auto glymm shampoo... cheers again

one of the best ways to keep your newly powder coated wheels looking sweeeeeeet is not to let the girlfriend drive it :sadlike: mine curbed mine the other week :crying:
+1 for this!!!!!