Paintwork issue!

Richie333

Reaction score
Bit of background - bought my A4 B8 2009 about a month ago, everything was fine till I washed the car on Saturday. I noticed white cloud shaped marks on the boot, thought it maybe water marks so wiped it dry with the leather but still remained.

Clayed the car waxed it and it disappeared, i can still see a faint mark and will probably be visable again when i wash it, So my question is should i be thankful its gone when waxed or is the issue something I need to get sorted under warranty.

Cheers in advance.

Rich.

securedownload1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

Last edited:
You might find that the claying actually removed some of the marks, and a good polish might remove it properly before you wax next time. Did you get any pics?

Yes mate I'm just trying to up load it now, proving to be difficult ha ha.

Looks like marks from hard water. A quick clay and polish by machine or hand should remove that. And that colour will pop really nicely once it's done.

Cheers for the reply.

I was hoping it wasn't too serious, tbh I could see similar marks on the rear windscreen and once waxed it was not as bad. Hopefully over time it will go completely.

This detailing business is a very expensive and time consuming job but its better than the alternative - scratched paint work for a fiver

Tell me about it. I haven't had my car a year yet, and I've spend about £500 on detailing gear. And there's still stuff I'd like and need. Very expensive hobby.

Definitely these are water etchings. If some of them where removed with claying then it will need something more abrasive such as a polish or even a paint cleanser