help with cleaning my windscreen!!

daz-20vt

Reaction score
hi guys ive tried many products to clean the grese and grime from my wind screen, does anyone know of anything really strong to remove it, it makes driving in the rain near impossible to see, any help would be awesome thanks guys, daz

will try anything so great buddy thanks, honestly nothing is even slightly touching it, the brick acid in my garage was looking like the next test lol, daz

meths normally shifts everything.if you can stop drinking it!!

Reactions: daz-20vt
I find Autoglym Glass Polish works well. I have also heard that Halfords Intensive Glass Cutter is good for really greasy windscreens.

Sod it will try the meths and halfords stuff first as local and cheap but if they fail ill get the g1!! thanks all!!

nail varish remover works mint but be careful with it

+1 G techniq

Makes a hell of a difference... rain just glides off and dont even use wipers much well on a motorway anyway... and no im not talking about driving 110+ to watch the rain fly off..

the wipers may smear a bit though so apply some ipa to the blades and you are good to go

Vinegar and water!

I work for autoglass and ive got some propper glass cleaner. Its a shame its specially made or i would have let you people know what it was :(

Make sure you wash your glass last - I made the mistake of washing my glass before washing which looked fine at the time, but the shampoo left a nice layer of residue on the windscreen and wipers which smeared when I next had a few drops of rain - survivable if you hit a big rainstorm as the rain washes the shampoo off after a second, but if there are just a few drops it's less than ideal. Use the glass cleaner last to get rid of the residue.

I've used Auto Glym Car Glass Polish once, which worked well but is most useful for if you have small scratches on the windscreen or very stuck on dirt which can't be removed easily... I more regularly use Auto Glym fast glass, which I think is superb (and cheaper). Takes a couple of minutes to do the whole car, I just spray on and wipe with a microfibre, each window in turn, then switch microfibres and give each window a bit of a buff - I found a microfibre applicator pad works well here.

Also, make sure you clean your wipers! Another mistake I made, having squeaky clean windows but dirty wipers which mess them up as soon as I move.

I've got to the stage where I carry Fast Glass, a microfibre cloth and an applicator pad around with me along with the obligatory bird dropping wipes and quick detailer with it's own microfibre, I detest driving with marks on the window for longer than necessary.

One other thing, Fast Glass is very useful for removing white wax/sealant marks from black trim and rubber seals.

Vinegar and water!

I work for autoglass and ive got some propper glass cleaner. Its a shame its specially made or i would have let you people know what it was :(

Vinegar & Water with a bit of good old fashioned newspaper.