What car shampoo do you use??

G

_G_

I have recently tried G Techniq G Wash and I can say it is quite possibly the best car shampoo I have ever used.

What I have tried before:
- Autoglym Body Wash
- Meguiars NXT Wash
- Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax
- Meguiars Gold
- Turtle Wax, Wash and Wax

Well it has worked a treat on my solid black A3 and it must have some serious polymer technology... water doesn't just bead off it runs for its life! In terms of the car being a dirt magnet... it has been repelling dust like never before as well. Has a nice subtle cherry smell to it too. Amazing stuff! Shame about the C4 though it lets the product range down.

Water just disappears when the car is rinsed - thus I feel I have avoided the need to by an Aqua Gleam De-ioniser (30ppm).

I've used
- meguiars gold
- dodo juice sour power
- chemical guys citrus wash (current)
The Dodo juice is the best so far. Bubbles really nicely, and is really smooth and glossy when you wipe the mitt over the panels.

I'm using dodo juice super natural, I love it and it lasts for ages! only g techniq stuff I've tried was the trim restorer I used it on my golf gti mk2 and the results were amazing

^will check this Dodo one out as it seems popular. Next up is Swissvax wash. Is there any way we can set up a poll on here or something??

Tell Sandra what you'd like in your poll, I'm sure she can sort it out for you. I never really look at the swissvax stuff, it's in a whole new price bracket!

Valet Pro Poseidon's Carnauba Wash, beads like you wouldn't believe, been using it for 3 years now :)

I've used:
- Autoglym Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo
- Planet Polish Hullabaloo

Currently using:
- Dodo Juice Basics of Bling
- Optimum No Rinse (hosepipe ban trial for me)

Liking both the current choices. The Optimum No Rinse is real 21st century stuff and I'm liking it a lot. I'll try and do a write up at some point. It is so quick, no hose or PW to get out. Seeing the way the dirt runs off with a pre-spray gives me the confidence that used properly it won't cause more swirls than the usual method. :)

I use Auto Glym Body Work Conditioning Shampoo, Demon Shine after and every few weeks Turtle Wax Colour Magic, gives a brilliant shine to my Brilliant Red Dynamik,
Demon Shine makes the window rubbers rattle so make sure that you put some Holts lubricant or Auto Glym Rubber Care or something like that to take the rattle off it :)

So far I have only used Autoglym bodywork conditioning shampoo on my cars. Think I will give the Dodo juice products a go next, they get raved about a lot.

Mild green fairy liquid :icon_thumright:

I'll get my coat........ :tumble:

Reactions: 45bvtc and RYes3
I use sour power by dodo juice but I did buy a few bottles of Meg's gold class when halfords had an offer on and i must say its a decent shampoo, slick suds etc so......

But once the gold class has gone I must admit I wont be buying anymore, i'll stick with my sour power.

Chemical guys citrus wash. It's the best I've used so far, couldnt really ask for much more from a shampoo!

use zymol its mega all the other stuff like auto glym leaves your car greasy ..megs is ok but zymol is the best .. one of the big cars mags did a test and zymol was the winner

i've ordered myself a bottle of "born to be mild" let's see how we get on over the weekend.. photos to follow.. (always say that but finally figured out how to upload photos thanks to another user in a different thread of mine).

Anyone used both the dodo juice and chemical guys shampoos? Was the Dodo juice any better or were they quite similar?

I have Dodo Juice Basics of Bling shampoo and Chemical Guys Glossworkz shampoo at the moment. I only recently got the CG one and did my first wash on the missus car today. It looks really good. They are both really good, don't strip wax and give a good finish. I would buy either again happily.

Im using zymol auto wash, smells amazing! Lathers up a treat and feels really nice and smooth over the panels.
Also using this Farecla G3 Paste Waxstuff also smells awesome and a dream to work with.
This is the obligatory beading shot result.
IMG 2679

Reactions: s88 esn
I've currently using chem guys citrus wash & gloss. Gonna be trying some dodo shampoos next just waiting for my 5ltr tub to run low lol.

good ol' fairy liquid here.

Reactions: RYes3
I use the muc off apple scented fluorescent pink stuff. Smells nice, seems to work and seems to be the best stuff I can get in my neck of the woods