Removing overspray on rear lights?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Is there any easy way of doing this? Recently purchased a set of used facelift rear lights, I noticed the driverside one has specs of overspray on it. I've tried to use SRP and Tar remover to see if they would have any effect, but no use. I don't really want to try spirits on it for fear of damaging the surface as it's plastic.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have a machine polisher to hand to give that a try unfortunately.

Pending size of specks, how about a razor blade gently pop them off then finish off with SRP or try some T Cut then polish off.

claybar (bilts) or good old scraping/picking with a blade mate if only a small coverage! or even try your finger nail!
defo dont use petrol or spirits! this will remove it, but will ****** the plastic!

cut the chase mate and use brake fluid.
but try not to get on your paint work as it will strip it clear off.

claybar (bilts) or good old scraping/picking with a blade mate if only a small coverage! or even try your finger nail!
defo dont use petrol or spirits! this will remove it, but will ****** the plastic!

Tried using fingernails, no chance, so I doubt a clay bar will have any effect.

cut the chase mate and use brake fluid.
but try not to get on your paint work as it will strip it clear off.

Brake fluid on a bit of cloth aye, I'll give that a bash tomorrow unless someone else has a better idea between now and then.

some polish with a liitle cut in it maybe