Rusty Hubs...

a3_dan

Reaction score
Hi all,

My TT has started to get rusty hubs and the calipers are looking like they migth start soon too!

So...what with having a long weekend approaching, I might get my hands dirty and clean them up and give them a lick of paint.

I want them to still look like new and OEM, So what silver paint do you folks recomend i use for the job? Also any guides would be helpful!

Cheers,
Dan

Clean with degreaser/APC
Rub down with wire cool/sand paper
Paint with hammerite smooth silver/black

Its an easy job and really improves the look of the car! Just take your time to ensure the brakes are cleaned properly.

As above, did mine last week using smooth silver for the hubs and black caliper paint for the brakes, looks so much better as a result

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: a3_dan
Cool, hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend to get this done. how long do you need to leave to dry before you can drive again?
Can you use the hammerite on both the hubs and calipers?

Yep, hammerite is fine on both hubs and callipers

How long do you wait before driving? Depends on temperature really, I did mine a few weeks ago and drove 2hrs later. A few hours is fine, hammerite sets fairly quickly

Bought everything to do the job this weekend but weather is soo bad haven't been able to do the job yet.... grrrrr