PRD - A4 Phantom Black Full Correction - Zymol Glasur

drmole

Reaction score
Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
Ok Myself & Grant from PRD decided to give my A4 a fullcorrection detail a 3 Day process. Barein mind my car is cared for correctly and well maintained and looked afteralways washed dryed correctly but even so it can still pickup defects as youcan see, although not the worst we seen but goes to show even a cared for carcan have swirls etc.

First up wash the wash stage & de-contamination approx 4hours
how she looked before
IMG_0223-1.jpg

Then the work began pre wash with power washer then wheelscleaned (not our normal clean on wheels as they need a full refurb so justcleaned using Angel Wax Billberry & EZ Detail Brush) door shuts then hadsome attention de-greasing with APC and various brushes and power washed cleanboot hinges received same treatment normally we do the engine at this stage toobut this is being done closer to show season.

As this was a full correction the products needed to bestripped so APC and a strong TFR used in a snow foam lance then re-rinsed. ThenSnow Foamed and rinsed.
Then washed using lambs wool mitt two buckets with gritguards then re-rinsed
Then was time to De-contaminate the lowers first with Tardisand wiped with clean cloth
IMG_0226-1.jpg

Then washed again and rinsed then Iron X applied to lowersagain wiped with clean cloth (love this stuff even though it stinks the resultsare great) washed again
IMG_0231-1.jpg

Then the lowers were clayed using 3M Clay and PRD Lubenormally the whole car would be done but as said above the car is wellmaintained and I clayed it only a few months ago but even though the lowerswere quite tarred up considering.

IMG_0234-1.jpg

Then washed again and dryed and put inside to be taped up readyto be inspected before starting the machine work

Products used were

Compounds
Menzerna -Fast Gloss
MenzernaPower Finish
MenzernaSuper Finish
MenzernaFinal Finish
3M Perfect-itIII Fast Cut Plus
3M Perfect-itIII Extra Fine Compound
3M Perfect-itIII Ultrafina SE Polish

Pads
3M Deep Foam Backing Plate
DoDo Juice Micro Mount
3M Full Range 150mm
3M Full Range 85mm
Lake Country CCSHex logic & Constant Pressure Pads

Finishing Products
Chemical Guys Black Hole
Zymol Glasur

Both applied and buffed by hand

Took loads of pics but here's some but all are available onphoto bucket and my FB.
here's a choice few of the correction stages
IMG_0243-1.jpg

558482_10150647598209843_580074842_9440488_190442026_n-1.jpg

IMG_0282-1.jpg

560244_10150647392079843_580074842_9439821_1418884491_n-1.jpg

Once refined the carwas taken out for a rinse with power washer paying attention to remove allcompound residue from the door shuts and any other gaps the dust had worked itsway into. The water beading/sheeting wasawesome but had to offer bit more protection so a coat of Chemical Guys BlackHole was applied once dryed and then brought out the Wax if been waiting to usesince November lol how I managed to resist I don't know but was worth it ZymolGlasur was applied using DoDo Supernatural Finger applicator then buffed usingsome brand new Eurow buffing Cloths.

Very pleased withresults think I covered everything but any questions ill be happy to help

IMG_0304-1.jpg

IMG_0334-1.jpg

IMG_0336-1.jpg

IMG_0346-1.jpg

IMG_0319-1.jpg

As many of you knowStreet lights are nightmare for showing up defects not on PRD's watch
543528_10150650304804843_580074842_9448723_1266199215_n-1.jpg

Thanks for taking time to read hope you enjoyed.

Check out our other work out on prdetailing - Home

Last edited:
Reactions: FranA3
Impressive work :icon_thumright:
even though you maintain it still was dirty Dar,just shows how much crap they pick up

PS smiley pad made me lol

Impressive work :icon_thumright:
even though you maintain it still was dirty Dar,just shows how much crap they pick up

PS smiley pad made me lol

Lol thanks Jase Thas what we trying to say even tho you look after n maintain properly it doesn't mean its perfect by a long way :icon_thumright:
Hope your well mate ain't spoke to you for a while

looking good
drop the front a bit tho
oh and kill the lil blue fella

Looking good Dazra .. I missed out on helping the with the correction stages but did have the pleasure (not) of adjusting your coilovers, hope it settles soon..

Car was a pleasure to work on, came up lovely and zymol gives good protection

Looks really good, good work. :icon_thumright:

That reminds me, i really need to do mine again soon. Have got the DA out on mine for over a year.
Great work fella, looks great !!