looking to get a da or rotary an polishing compounds

Lawrie

Reaction score
alrite guys im looking to step up my car cleaning gear tbh im pretty basic i use the meguiars stuff u can buy off the shelf

i used my mates rotary polisher the other day with a form of g3 farcela paste an i must say i was impressed but i enjoy cleaning cars especially my own but wanna go that one step further an get flawless paint

so my questions are wot would be a better option macheine to go for dodo juice spin doctor or buff daddy or any other sugestions dont wanna spend an arm an a leg as its a starter macheine an wot is a good polish compound wot ever you call em to start with

im looking for advice an not let someone else do it as i wont learn if i dont do it so help is greatly appreciated

I bought the same machine with the 3m pads and polishes, and as said it's a great machine for beginners. If you're comfortable with a rotary then you'll get quicker results, but it's easy to make mistakes and you don't want to do that on your pride and joy! Juicy also have some good rotary deals, so look at a few machines and read a few guides and decide what's best for your needs. Just a heads up, the Audi paint is rock hard and does take time and practice to get a good correction.

Another vote for DAS6. I believe the Buff Daddy is just a Dodo badged DAS6 anyway. I'm just getting started with machine polishing and it's been a great introduction.

ive just ordered a kit 3 from juicy so im in the same boat.Im confused about the pads, and wish theyd all stop talking bollockks and tell me what pads for what job!! ie is finishing the same as polishing etc

ive just ordered a kit 3 from juicy so im in the same boat.Im confused about the pads, and wish theyd all stop talking bollockks and tell me what pads for what job!! ie is finishing the same as polishing etc
Kit 3 is the one I bought. The polishes are colour coded to the pads so it's simple enough. I've found that a few slow passes with the medium yellow polish is enough, then a pass with the ultrafina to finish it off. Always start with the finest combo and work your way up though you don't want any surprises.

Seen juicys kits thats what am am looking at for summer

Kit 3 is the one I bought. The polishes are colour coded to the pads so it's simple enough. I've found that a few slow passes with the medium yellow polish is enough, then a pass with the ultrafina to finish it off. Always start with the finest combo and work your way up though you don't want any surprises.
thanks for that.All i want to do is to get rid of some small hair like scratches caused by washing....even a sheepskin mit and two bucket method has left its marks over the month.Also needto do my blackfire stuff with it

I bought a blue hex logic pad that I use for my jetseal, so it doesn't get mixed up with the polishing pads. Really hard wearing and easy to clean.

so the 3m compound and pads are good then its wot i was more concerned about as it was the set i was looking on also

so the 3m compound and pads are good then its wot i was more concerned about as it was the set i was looking on also
Yes mate they're a good pad and compound. There's possibly a better combination out there, but they work well and every car is individual and reacts differently. I wondered if I'd bought the wrong thing to start off with, but stuck with it and it's without a doubt my best purchase for the car.

google Megs 105/205, it's a good combo for hard paint like Audi's

I've heard nothing but good things about hex logic pads

rite guys i took the plunge n got a dodo juice buff daddy an 3m pads n 3m finesse kit so see how it goes

I've got guides to help you get started that I have put together - drop me an email and I can send it over :)

Don't forget guys that most polishes including 3M contain fillers so it's important to get some IPA (panel wipe) /car pro eraser to remove these to check your work and see if the area needs further correction.

Otherwise you'll experience something called "fall back" this is where over a short period of time the fillers come out and in essence you will think the swirls have come back very quickly.

mine too early this morning aswell cleaned the car today couldnt find the ****** extension lead so buff daddying it up tomoro