removing the Audi dealer sticker and cleaning off glue?!

JCC1981

Reaction score
whats the best way to remove the audi dealer sticker?! i tried peelin a corner but its really stuck down well so don't want to make a bodge of it if there's a easy way of doing it?

Have you just recently bought the car from a dealer? The best way to get rid of a dealer sticker is to tell them that you are not willing to spend several thousands of pounds for the privilege of advertising their company, & to refuse to buy it if they leave it in. I even go as far as to insist they fit "anonymous" number plates.

One guy thought I was joking & left the sticker in place. You should have seen his face as I sat opposite him in the showroom on collection day, & phoned my insurance company to cancel the change of vehicle because I had changed my mind.

sorry...i mean the audi dealership stickers they put on ur windows. they've put one in the top middle of my back window.....driving me nuts!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

i tried peeling it off, but it seems to be glued down with something...wondered if there's a trick to removing them?!

[ QUOTE ]

sorry...i mean the audi dealership stickers they put on ur windows. they've put one in the top middle of my back window.....driving me nuts!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

i tried peeling it off, but it seems to be glued down with something...wondered if there's a trick to removing them?!

[/ QUOTE ]

See my previous post. Take it back & tell them to take it out, and make good any damage.

i got the car last nov....so i think its abit late to tell them to remove it now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It didn't really annoy me to much at first...plus i was more interested in the rest of the car and driving it....but now the novelty of the new car has worn off the sticker has started to drive me nuts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

...cool i'll give the hairdryer ago...hopefully it won't leave to much glue on the screen to clean off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used a bit of meths on a rag and it wipes the sticky stuff off very easily.

White spirit, turpentine sub will take it off no problem.

yeah just peal it off and it will leave a line around the outside of where the sticker was and then just use tar and glue remover to rub it off.... did this on mine few weeks back...

while your at it take the number plate thing off the rear plate... mine had one of those black things stuck to the back of the number plate with the audi dealer info on it