hey, recomendations on polishes, wax, sealants, etc etc...

sean s-line

Reaction score
hello ppl, i am new to the forum and have recently purchased a Red A3, the poor thing has done motorway miles its whole life,
its looking a bit dull and needs a good overhaul an the paint work i have a megs G220 aand sonus pads, and a range of menzerna polishes and some collinite 476s, poorboys wheel guard, megs endurnce gel, and some bilberry wheel cleaner. am not that new to the detailing world but have kind of lost touch a bit with the products as i have been extremly busy and there seems to be alot more products out there.
I need new claybars
new wax
maybe a sealant
may need new pads too.
defo outting a foam lance on my shopping list to

and anything else you might recommend
i want the brightest shinyest red car ever, lol.

any help and advice would be appreciated
cheers

Autoglym stuff's top! I got autoglym HD Wax costs a bit but you can pick up a cheap one on the Internet..

autoglym is far far far behind when it comes to detailing products they havent got anything on the likes of chemical guys / dodo juice / Gtechniq etc..

Reactions: sean s-line and Juicy Jen
as my PRD mukkaFran said orange crush and SN are great but remember its all about the prepwork put the time in washing de contaminating claying and paint cleaning/cleansingand you'll get far better results

Reactions: Juicy Jen
As fran says, dodo juice is a good way to go. I use banana armour for a longer lasting finish. I've also been using jetseal 109, which gives an amazing glassy finish.

poor boys ex-p when using collinite 476

i allways do this procedure

pre rinse
snowfoam
rinse
two bucket method using lambswool mit and zaino shampoo
rinse
sonus clay bar
megs tar and glue remover
megs paint cleaner
menzerma sf4000 polish
dodo juice pre wax cleaner
poor boys ex-p
collinite 476

hope this helps

Wasnt impressed with the autoglym hd wax to be honest, have used dojo juice blue velvet on my previous car as it was dark grey, been looking at the orange crush for the "summer months" and maybe some ex-p sealant aswell.lime and prime paint cleanser before doing the correction work any good?i need some new 5inch pads to any recommendations? have sonus but they are a bit old now.love the smells from dojo juice makes me wanna eat it, lol

i use lime prime after correction and prior to sealent and wax

Reactions: sean s-line
I use a hex logic pad for my jetseal and it's brilliant. Definitely a step up from the 3m pads I've used.

nice one guys will get my shopping list together and hopefully get it for the weekend :)Wax then seal or vice versa?i have tried both ways in the past but, what do you reckon?cant believe how much i have lost touch with it to be honest sure it will all come flooding back, lol

very true, but with the weather in south wales i would prefer to put more protection, lol

I'd agree with the guys dodo juice orange crush or banana armour waxes. To add deeper gloss after correction I would recommend chemical guys Ez Creme glaze.

If you want more durability protection wise the dodo juice supernatural hybrid will offer longer term (with 2 coats you can achieve 6 months) and as it's half sealant half wax you can complete 2 jobs in one. Plus in my opinion you get a much better finish than from Collinite.

We have a wide range of brands available and very competitive prices - click on the signature below and register on our site for offers :)

3M pads have there place as the can sometimes work better on certain paints, however the hex logic range tend to be much more durable therefore pound for pound you'll get more use out of them if looked after properly.

the smell of the dodo juice wax range is amazing i love the smell of my orange crush wax lovely stuff

Anyone checked out the home brew dodo juice? i've seen a review for it and it looks amazing! i also saw some wax for around £100-200 and later found out the guy who makes the stuff charges £5k a car wash... but this wax is meant to last a year if properly maintained. Random i know lol. I've just started mobile car valeting, but i love keeping my car shiney and clean, im looking to give it the works so to speak in spring/ start of summer with clay bar, paint sealant and wax etc etc. i've started to use a waterless wash and wax system, i think its brill it leaves my car and other cars with a brilliant shine which lasts and good protection against the usual. im looking for more tips and reasonably priced methods and products to give an outstanding finish, any recommendations?

regards
damo

thanks for the info jen i will be registering on your site been browsing alot, lol

as for waterles wash and wax how does that work? surely if the car is pretty dirty you are just moving the dirt around your car therefore making swirls and scratches on your car?
i have seen stuff on the market but never dared to try it as i would be worried of chasing damage to my paint.

i would never use a waterless wash , snow foam and two bucket method is the only way in my eyes

Reactions: redspudder and sean s-line
Sean S-Line....

I was exactly the same, i was really worried about trying it and thought it may damage my paint scratch its etc etc. i use the stuff from Ready To Valet and think its brilliant. I've used this on my own s3 (sprint blue) so you can imagine the worries i thought at first regarding paintwork. i have tried a couple of waterless washes and not many stood up to this, both in performance and price. i haven't found a single scratch yet because of this, and i've cleaned cars that haven't been cleaned in a year and have been driven across Europe and they have come up looking brand new! and i only used around 200ml... downside is it doesn't agree with your window wipers, so i always go over the windows with a glass cleaner so there isn't any resistance. it repels water really well, smells great, works fantastic on alloys and black trim, even interior (plastics, vinyls, glass). and another tip, if you use this as instructed then go over your paintwork with a quick detail spray for the extra shine and protection, you'll have a look that would normally take hours in around an hour or so.

Fran A3....
I've never used snow foam so i don't know what it's like. and i will be giving my car a full on detailing sesh late march and just before winter and use all the 'proper' water stuff lol. this waterless stuff i use is brill though, even on 4x4's with mud n grease etc all over.

I'm in agreement on the waterless wash as well in that if I have full access to pressure washer and water then I'll use the traditional 2 bucket wash method.

However I have used this

Chemical Guys ECO Smart Ready To Use Waterless Detailing System | Shampoos | Washing & Drying | Juicy Detailing

And found that it was quite handy at shows, it foams up and gives you the confidence that it lifts off light dirt. Generally the night before the cars have had a proper wash and it's only a short journey in the morning

Fran A3....
I've never used snow foam so i don't know what it's like. and i will be giving my car a full on detailing sesh late march and just before winter and use all the 'proper' water stuff lol. this waterless stuff i use is brill though, even on 4x4's with mud n grease etc all over.
i still wouldn't use it tbh esp not on my baby she gets only the best lol

Anyone checked out the home brew dodo juice? i've seen a review for it and it looks amazing! i also saw some wax for around £100-200 and later found out the guy who makes the stuff charges £5k a car wash... but this wax is meant to last a year if properly maintained. Random i know lol. I've just started mobile car valeting, but i love keeping my car shiney and clean, im looking to give it the works so to speak in spring/ start of summer with clay bar, paint sealant and wax etc etc. i've started to use a waterless wash and wax system, i think its brill it leaves my car and other cars with a brilliant shine which lasts and good protection against the usual. im looking for more tips and reasonably priced methods and products to give an outstanding finish, any recommendations?

regards
damo

thanks for the info jen i will be registering on your site been browsing alot, lol

as for waterles wash and wax how does that work? surely if the car is pretty dirty you are just moving the dirt around your car therefore making swirls and scratches on your car?
i have seen stuff on the market but never dared to try it as i would be worried of chasing damage to my paint.

with regards towaterless washing im assuming your using some sort of detailing product?personally I wouldn't do this I seen all the adverts on the shopping channelsetc when they spray on the product onto mud/dirt on the body and then proceedto wipe it off with dry micro fiber cloth and the cloth turns black withinseconds but i cant see how this does your paint any good as swirl marks comefrom dirt particles/grit being moved round the panels even using proper washtechniques u create swirls this method is pretty much garneted to create them

I would still be pretty shocked that it wouldn't create swirls marks or light scratches, All good if you have found a product that does this well and gives a good finish, but i still wouldn't use it on my car tbh.

I have just placed my order jen;)

yeahh i agree with all the comments, but i've never had a problem so can't say other wise. the cloth does get dirty quickly if the cars stupidly dirty lol but if thats the case i just use another cloth lol. wheels are usually worst for it which is obvious lol. yeahh i use a detail spray but atm im testing different ones, ive used demond shine and its ok but not the best, and i've used the dodo juice red mist thats good and also im waiting to test this japanese stuff, its got amazing ratings so fingers crossed. also, there is a thread somewhere with pics of a scooby thats been detailed, and a procedure and list of products.... it looks promising however the products seem to be stupidly priced, any suggestions to get the same results but with cheaper products? ohhh and also with regards to the waterless wash n wax i use, i use it on my car once a week as its never really that dirty and then use traditional methods every 2-3 weeks.

oh and i forgot to mention, i think the reason why i haven't had problems with the waterless stuff is because i always always go over the car with a long fibre micro fibre mitt, and that takes off everything all the loose and hard muck, then i spray the waterless stuff on wash and buff off panel by panel. i never just jump straight in, maybe thats why? i don't know lol. im not saying it must be used its just a handy alternative :D

thanks for the link jen i'll have a look as soon as i've done this darn uni work :( whats the crack with this snow foam spray, how does it work? what do you need etc?

thanks everyone,

damo

best and safest way to wash IMO is rinse snow foam rinse again spray products on (like ironx tardis apc etc) rinse again re snow foam then two bucket wash wish chosen shampoo rinse and dry then machine or apply desired by hand even this process produces swirls so moving dirt/grit around the paint work and into it jus cant work IMO it defys all we try to avoid doing:think:

I have just ordered foam lance, dojo juice banana armour, orange crush (test pots as i am on a budget at the moment, lol) poorboys ez glaze, and some clay bars cant wait!

snow foam is a contactless pre wash stage of the wash cycle , its a product that is sprayed on the vehicle using a jet wash and it foams up gently lifting any grit and dirt making the wash stage safer to limit scratches , before the actual contact stage of the wash

I have just ordered foam lance, dojo juice banana armour, orange crush (test pots as i am on a budget at the moment, lol) poorboys ez glaze, and some clay bars cant wait!
you will love the smell of orange crush mate it smells amazing to be fair , I've waxed my car about 6 times with a panel pot if used correctly ;)

Last edited:
it all arrived today, had a smel and nearly started eating it, lol, and the PB Ez glaze smells lush to, hopefully it will all go on the weekend.

Goggle up about machine polishing. It will be the most effective way..

autoglym is far far far behind when it comes to detailing products they havent got anything on the likes of chemical guys / dodo juice / Gtechniq etc..

I disagree to a certain extent i think SRP especially the new formula is a very underated polish and HD wax also the same although i wouldnt pay £45 for it.i have many waxes and polishes i have CG 50/50 wax and think HD is parralel with it if not slightly infront due to the price (found it cheaper online)i did a 50/50 test on my wifes car and you couldnt tell the difference and durability was very similar.Yes a lot of autoglyms products are not very favourable and a lot of people wont buy it and poo poo it which i think is a little unfair for certain products in thier range.

I disagree to a certain extent i think SRP especially the new formula is a very underated polish and HD wax also the same although i wouldnt pay £45 for it.i have many waxes and polishes i have CG 50/50 wax and think HD is parralel with it if not slightly infront due to the price (found it cheaper online)i did a 50/50 test on my wifes car and you couldnt tell the difference and durability was very similar.Yes a lot of autoglyms products are not very favourable and a lot of people wont buy it and poo poo it which i think is a little unfair for certain products in thier range.
fair comment matey , i think everyone has there favourite manufacturer , i use autoglym in work everyday so know the SRP is a good polish but its a little over priced i think but autoglym always has been lol

fair comment matey , i think everyone has there favourite manufacturer , i use autoglym in work everyday so know the SRP is a good polish but its a little over priced i think but autoglym always has been lol

I agree about the pricing but thats only if you go to a certain big highstreet car maintenance shop!!!It can be found cheaper online,we have a local shop called Boyes who do it dirt cheap.I have also sorts of brands i love Werkstat system which my wifes car is currently wearing,i have a sample pot of swissvax shield which is awesome stuff but theres no way i would pay £150 for a wax,i also like chemical guys products the smell is awesome on all products especially bare bones i cant stop sniffing my wheel arches when ive applied it :arco:

I agree about the pricing but thats only if you go to a certain big highstreet car maintenance shop!!!It can be found cheaper online,we have a local shop called Boyes who do it dirt cheap.I have also sorts of brands i love Werkstat system which my wifes car is currently wearing,i have a sample pot of swissvax shield which is awesome stuff but theres no way i would pay £150 for a wax,i also like chemical guys products the smell is awesome on all products especially bare bones i cant stop sniffing my wheel arches when ive applied it :arco:
lol i know the dodo juice range has amazing smells too i love the smell of the orange crush i use all the time lol

I'm still using up my Autoglym HD Wax and for the (online) price I paid for it I'm happy with it. It's easy to use which is a plus for me, I hate stuff that won't buff off easily. Besides, I have to make myself use up open products otherwise I'd be buying something new to try every week and my kids would have no shoes! :)