Pre-bra fitting.

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Might another place for me to get flamed but sod it. lol

I recently bought a bonnet bra with the soul purpose of protecting bonnet when I do long distances. Nothing more.
Plus it looks ****e.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/149135-audreys-bra.html

My question.
With the bra there trying to protect the paint from stone chips, there is also the fear of something on the paint or bra scratching the bonnet when the bra is fitted.
The underside of the bra has a soft fluffy fabric stuff, so its not leather or stitches touching the bonnet, this will be kept away from any thing and every thing (expect the bonnet).
Is there any thing that is recommend to clean give the bonnet a quick wipe down before fitting the bra?
I was thinking of quick detailer and a soft cloth.

Don't know about the detailer stuff, but instead of the bra did you not consider the paint protector film? it's like putitng cling film over the front end, that way it doesn't look as bad as a bra, and gives you the protection against stone chips etc.

Don't know about the detailer stuff, but instead of the bra did you not consider the paint protector film? it's like putitng cling film over the front end, that way it doesn't look as bad as a bra, and gives you the protection against stone chips etc.

I did think of that but I only want to fit the bra before I travel, take it off again when I stop.
I don't want to fanny around with the wrap.

tough one scott if a stone or bit of gets under the bra its gonna give some sort of scratch could you attach some microfibre behind the bra to try minimise it best you can failing tha you could use detailing blue tape to the edges prior to traveling to stop anything going behind en route.

my view on the bras tho is they are bit of a waste of money its like putting a plaster over a broken leg yes they protect the bonnet but not the bumper or the wings so youll end up with a lovely stone chip free bonnet but the bumper and wings are still taking the same punishment

If you were to wash / clay / polish / sealant the bonnet, it would give it some protection.

Armourall do a tub of car cleaning wipes but I always grimace at the thought of what they may do to the car scratchwise.

I think it's either got to stay on between washes or not go on at all (and go on the bay!)

tough one scott if a stone or bit of gets under the bra its gonna give some sort of scratch could you attach some microfibre behind the bra to try minimise it best you can failing tha you could use detailing blue tape to the edges prior to traveling to stop anything going behind en route.

my view on the bras tho is they are bit of a waste of money its like putting a plaster over a broken leg yes they protect the bonnet but not the bumper or the wings so youll end up with a lovely stone chip free bonnet but the bumper and wings are still taking the same punishment

The underside is soft and I think it be ok.
As for things getting under it. I'm not sure how likely that is to happen as it seems tight and I'm going forward :)

The wings and bumper will, mainly the bumper.
I'm considering wrapping the bumper but I will think more about that went the rest of the car is sorted out.
The wing area is relatively small in relation to bonnet, so less damage and less chance of damage.

If you were to wash / clay / polish / sealant the bonnet, it would give it some protection.

Armourall do a tub of car cleaning wipes but I always grimace at the thought of what they may do to the car scratchwise.

I think it's either got to stay on between washes or not go on at all (and go on the bay!)

I do most of that but not the sealant. Might start looking in to that.
Recommendations?

Car cleaning wipes or quick detailer sort of item and Microfibre cloth?

Sealant for your car, Jetseal 109. Juicy's do it and it lasts really well.

A quick detailer.... I use V7 Chemical guys which works really well with a nice Eurow towel!

ahh its different on mine the wings stick out quite alot and the bumper my front end needs full respray coz its well peppered i did look into a bra but realised there not much point as the surface area at risk on the bumper and wings is more than was the bra is protecting

as for things getting behind you might be surprised poxy stones tend to get everywhere u dont want them lol but if if its as tight as you say then you could be lucky best trick i seen few boys do is use detailers masking tape to tape whole front end up on way to show but thas in practical for normal trips as you say u want the bra for tricky one this mate lol you always find a good in depth topic dont you lmao

ahh its different on mine the wings stick out quite alot and the bumper my front end needs full respray coz its well peppered i did look into a bra but realised there not much point as the surface area at risk on the bumper and wings is more than was the bra is protecting

as for things getting behind you might be surprised poxy stones tend to get everywhere u dont want them lol but if if its as tight as you say then you could be lucky best trick i seen few boys do is use detailers masking tape to tape whole front end up on way to show but thas in practical for normal trips as you say u want the bra for tricky one this mate lol you always find a good in depth topic dont you lmao

I do try and keep people entertained and brains active.

I've seen that done and it makes sense for the longer and if you got time to do.
But I don't all ways and slapping this bra on and going, seems like a easier option.

I'm am toying with the idea of protect wrap for the front bumper cause its almost on its own, so the chance won't stand out to much but I'll deal with it later.

The joys of a B5, its got a smaller surfice area than the newer A4s and A3s.

All of them still look stupid in a bra. lol

nice to a see a normal b5 (by tha i mean not a s4 or rs4) amoungst the sea of A3s and yours is one of a select few tha show the older models still turn heads you dont need a shinny new just outa the showroom car for people to stand a stare lol

nice to a see a normal b5 (by tha i mean not a s4 or rs4) amoungst the sea of A3s and yours is one of a select few tha show the older models still turn heads you dont need a shinny new just outa the showroom car for people to stand a stare lol

Just a bra and electric blind. :)