Cleaning under car

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
Hi guys,

With the weather conditions as they are, I was wondering how you'd recommend cleaning the underside of the car to minimise the effects of road salt. I always clean out the wheel arches with a brush and hose, and give the underside a blast with the hose, but that's about it. I've seen Karcher do a "chassis cleaner" which looks quite good. Any recommendations or alternatives?

Interested too mate.

whatyou could use is extention to your lance and get a nozzle that will bend then you can get right under your car

I drive my cars onto a couple of ramps and use snow foam on the underside,works great without any effort!

Get the car on a ramp and have the underside steam cleaned / snow foamed

If your concerned about the effects of salt on the underside of your car you should consider giving it a coat of Waxoyl. Any garage will be able to do this for you. I did mine myself before winter to seal up the underside, very easy job.

I Waxoyled mine a couple of years ago for that very reason, after giving it a good clean off with water & an old dustpan brush. Messy job but well worth it. I think I'll get under it again in the summer and check it/give it another coat.

Anyone tried the Karcher chassis cleaner?