Blacklight Vs. Jetseal 109

KevinOS

Reaction score
Just going ordering new cleaning products for my car...just looking for a general opinion, which is better, Chemical Guys Blacklight or Jetseal 109?...other options are also welcome :)

What colour is your car?

I've got both and whilst I haven't had Blacklight on long enough to know how well it holds up, on my black car when used with V7 detailing spray the results are unbelievable.

To be honest, both a fantastic, but if your car is a darker colour it may be worth giving the Blacklight a try (and its on offer with V7 in a deal in their forum area).

ya i was going to buy jeatseal until i saw that deal and it made me reconsider it...i have a black A3 so it might be worth trying blacklight :)

Highly recommend BL/V7 mate. Easy to use, smells great and the depths of reflections are amazing. You won't regret it.

Perfect Warren thanks for the advice :) polish and wax before i apply them I assume yes?...(amateur question I know)

Reactions: voorhees
As I understand it Blacklight is a LSP so wax is optional. If you want to use it, it would be polish->blacklight->wax.

I just used a quick lashing of Meguiars ultimate compound before the BL, not what purists would do, but then I'm an amateur with product left to use up!

Both are very good and I have them as staples in my detailing kit. Jetseal has the edge on durability but for looks Blacklight looks amazing combined with v7

I'm a bit confused, I thought blacklight was a type of polish/wax?

Got this on my juicy shopping list. So the steps are: Wash, dry, polish or wax? Black light then V7?

Black light is a sealant the same as Jetseal is a sealant so you would use it after polish.

You can top it with a wax if required but don't do it the other way around as the wax will not cure

Jetseal for the winter months, there is not much point in applying wax on top of JS 109 ..

IMG_1631-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Can I ask a quick, sort-of-related question? Are there any issues with Blacklight curing in this cold weather? It's about +3 or +4C here during the day at the moment. I'm planning on tackling my car with DA + Lime Prime on Friday and was going to follow with Autoglym HD Wax. What's worrying me is the HD wax might not cure resulting in a streaky finish. Would Blacklight be a better choice?

HD is a synthetic wax so it will cure quickly unlike a carnauba based wax...so it should be fine. You will however get a better look from black light than HD wax

Oh so tempting but I'm trying to be good and use up what I already have first. :)

I thought that, but then I had one of those thoughts in the back of your head that says:

b*****ks, you only live once.... you love it when the car looks great.... I'm sure the missus won't notice the blue and white stripes on the food packaging this month..... oh sod it just buy it!

Last edited:
We would use a sealant on customers car's in the winter months as we feel there is no point wasting product wax or hybrid when a sealant is more than adequate to see most cars through the winter months.