EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Juicy Jen

Thread: Ibis White TTRS Take Two

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status

Ibis White TTRS Take Two

Now some of you know that we had an Ibis White Audi TTRS earlier last year (Jan 2011 S3 sold for this one!) which was sold for the arrival of the Audi RS3 :'( As it was driven away from the unit it felt like my heart was being ripped out.....

Due to the long wait for the RS3 to be made, both Andrew and I missed our toy and the roar of the 5 cylinder engine.

So we decided to take the jump and get another, now I really didnt want a white one as I was after a more challenging colour but this one came along with every spec we could ask for :D

Now there was some history with the alloys as the guy that owed it previously wanted the original alloys for his new diesel TT and the garage allowed him to take them and put the diesel one's on the RS :o. Therefore we agreed a deal and got the rota's put on shipped directly from Germany and my first job on arrival.....

Alloys off cleaned, clayed and 2 coats of Chemical Guys Jetseal 109

Wheel arches were cleaned as well while the alloys were off, looked like it had been driven through a field. Half way through

Next stage was the usual snowfoam, 2 bucket wash and clay, etc

Assessment of the paintwork before starting the correction. The car's not been treated too well and think numerous visit to the automatic wash was evident:

Couple of 50/50. I was using Supernatural Wool Pads for the cut due to the extremely hard Audi paint and to refine yellow and blue 3M pads in combination with 3M polishes

In action shots of final polish...

Nice shine but look at the orange peel

Correction on the lights

Once the car was finished it was taken over to the sign writer to be decaled up as a promotion car. Chemical Guys Ez Creme Glazes and Chemical Guys Celeste Dettaglio Paste Wax were the last stage products

Shot from the photoshoot

Oh and this will be the death of this one as its up for sale now on Piston Heads and it no longer looks so perfect due to Andrews wash regime :'( :'(

Update: TTRS now gone as our RS3 has arrived and waiting for it to be detailed once my foot has healed and I change my hair colour as often as our cars as its back to blonde
    Last edited by Juicy Jen; 6th January 2012 at 13:04.
    da4, Paullie and rubbi like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Banana Menace!

Status
    Cracking job, Jen! That is an absolute stunner, always loved your TT-RS. Hope your foot gets better soon, Sweetie, so you can start enjoying the RS3, ..not to mention detailing it. xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Status
    Very nice, and good job you've done on it!

Look forward to seeing the RS3
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

3rd Gear

Status
    Another pukker job, looks/looked awesome!

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Cracking job, Jen! That is an absolute stunner, always loved your TT-RS. Hope your foot gets better soon, Sweetie, so you can start enjoying the RS3, ..not to mention detailing it. xx
    I've had a little drive bit naughty I know! DSG is growing on me but think I still prefer the TT as I have soft spot for them....

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Im looking forward for her doing it too hunny

Saying that, the RS3 aint as bad as either of the TTRS's but its a lot younger..

Audi A3

Status
    very nice job there.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Jen sorry you are selling that peachy TTRS, I sold mine - heartbroken! did replace though with a newer version but still have a soft spot for original - good luck with RS3 - patiently waiting to see it!

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    Hi Jen,

Ive got a few questions - does the jetseal 109 on the alloys help prevent the brake dust as well as shine? Also what products would you advise to use on the paintwork? Would you be able to PM / tweet how much you'd charge to do a similar job on my car and how long it would take to complete? Despite it being a company car unlike my work mates I am keen to look after this gorgeous car & I'm thinking of buying the car afterwards for Mrs H.

Thanks Matti
    Regards
    HeliFella

I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/

'61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,
    Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates,
    gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Jetseal doesn't prevent the brake dust from going on the alloys however it does help with it not sticking so much and makes them easier to clean. At the end of the day everything you do to your car in regard to preparation and protection is to make the maintaining easier in the long term.

I'll drop you a pm about detailing it so as far as products recommended that really depends on if I do any work on it or not. Meaning the products will differ if I've machined polished/protected and your doing the maintaining after or if you want to do everything yourself
    Last edited by Juicy Jen; 18th January 2012 at 22:29.

Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite

events moderator

Status
    orange peal is such a common thing on todays paints as they are water based nowadays so orange peal is just a down side of them using this type of paint , awesome cars tho the TTRS still haven't driven one lol
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    I'd loved to of wet sanded the whole car but don't think Andrew would of let me do that

Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    I'd loved to of wet sanded the whole car but don't think Andrew would of let me do that
    should have just done it when you got rid

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    lol its not for the faint hearted doing that
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!