Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CHEZ
  • 1 Post By cloughy
  • 1 Post By Juicy Jen

Thread: TYRE DRESS THAT WORKS ,,,,,,,,

Neutral

Status

TYRE DRESS THAT WORKS ,,,,,,,,

i have tried autoglym, chemical guys and meguires new improved and all come off and don't last, dry day the Meguires works but 1 day of rain and back to dull look - can anyone suggest stuff that stay and does not spray off.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    think your puting it on wrong i use megs and it stays on for a week easy maybe more

3rd Gear

Status
    i used turtle wax nano tech tyre dressing, lasts easy a week in wet weather upto 2-2 1/2 weeks in dry condition really good stuff and smells of apple

MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

MY PROGRESS THREAD

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6gordy View Post
    think your puting it on wrong i use megs and it stays on for a week easy maybe more
    i am with you on this one endurance ? what are you using to put on i am using the megs tyre app thing

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

moderately amusing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1988brown View Post
    i used turtle wax nano tech tyre dressing, lasts easy a week in wet weather upto 2-2 1/2 weeks in dry condition really good stuff and smells of apple
    yep thats what i use too! very good results and lasts for ages even after a wash!
    nally likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    plus 1 for megs endurance, been using it for years
    nally likes this.

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    As above most rave about megs endurance, although personally I use valet pro Dionysus trim glitz - lasts ages and restores trims really well

6th Gear

Status
    If not already the key is having clean tyres so makIng sure they're scrubb we clean prior to applying gel and allowing to settle before driving. Personally I use blackfire tyre gel. Lasts quite a while and looks great. Hth.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Neutral

Status
    I post to find out what other 4 ring owners get up to - yet feed back is that its addressed to a no nothing person that has no idea of cleaning a car -- i use an applicator as have for years - DE cleanse the tires with C Guys - i too have used M endurance for years but the new improved stuff is not the same but thats my opinion.

Audi A3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    As above most rave about megs endurance, although personally I use valet pro Dionysus trim glitz - lasts ages and restores trims really well
    Just watched the video and that stuff does look awesome! What do you use to apply to the tyres with?
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI - S3 Intercooler - Darkside Developments Hard Pipe Boost Kit - EGR Delete - Milltek Non-Res Decat Exhaust System - Performance -Torque Custom Remap 187BHP + 335lb/ft

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliottB View Post
    Just watched the video and that stuff does look awesome! What do you use to apply to the tyres with?
    Either a tyre foam applicator or Microfibre

Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite

Reverse Gear

Status
    As S3 Rav said,
    The tryes have to be cleaned throughly before applying any tyre gel. I think the Megs is the best ive used with out breaking the bank !

Good Tip; Keep an old Nail Scrubber ( one for your hands) in your wash bucket, while your giving your tyres a clean give the tyres a spray with some APC (all porpous cleaner) give your tyres a squirt and a good scrub with the nail brush and rinse.

Apply with an applicator and tyre gel should bed in nicely to the tyre after about 20 min.

dont forget to give them a wipe of a cloth if you over applied !!

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Surely your tyres are cleaned though while your doing your pre wash and wash/rinse? I never find a need generally for them to be scrubbed unless they are really dirty

Neutral

Status
    you have a fantastic web site, the level of reflection on the blue Astra is amazing, i am thinking now to get some foam and have some fun, as for products i cannot fault and i use for your interest and views - when i clean the B7

1. Rinse Down 2. C Guys wheel wash (diablo) 3. C Guys D Cleanse 4. C Guys Citrus Wash 5. C Guys 2-1 polish(not all the time) 6. C Guys Butter Wax - have treated to Collinate wax also recently - shine is unreal on a silver car which i think can be hard. 7. Wheel wax - interior and glass is all C Guys

You based in C Durham - was looking for a good detailer for some marks i just can't remove without a buffing - i am in Lincolnshire

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yea Jen. I mostly have about an inch of muck to blow off the rubber every week. The girlfriends driveway is a stone/muck one, so as you can imagine, i "love" driving to her house after giving the car a good Detail !!!!

I just found that even after a pre/wash and wash an rinse there still is some residue of the old tyre gel in the ridges of the tyre wall, and the new gel dosent seem to adhere as well as it dose without a through clean.

Personal opinion i suppose :-P

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    you can also use, washing up liquid or baby oil if your stuck

TDIPOWARRR

Status
    Autosmart highstyle, I use a sponge to put it on, dont seem to get any fling then.

Always make sure tyres are clean first, nice strong APC on them to dwell and then aggitate with a brush works for me.

Auto-Motive Restored Deatail

Status
    Chemical guys new look trim gel works well. Also as a top up turtle wax tyre foam is good, instead of spraying directly onto the tyre and making a mess everywhere, spray it on a sponge or a foam applicator and spread it around the tyre evenly.

steve
    Metallic Ming Blue a3 1.8t sport.
    K03s, Revo stage 1, Jetex(JR) filter, Silicone TIP,N249 Bypass, Forge Split-r'seee
    Mk3 GTI Project - < Click me

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jay z B View Post
    you have a fantastic web site, the level of reflection on the blue Astra is amazing, i am thinking now to get some foam and have some fun, as for products i cannot fault and i use for your interest and views - when i clean the B7

1. Rinse Down 2. C Guys wheel wash (diablo) 3. C Guys D Cleanse 4. C Guys Citrus Wash 5. C Guys 2-1 polish(not all the time) 6. C Guys Butter Wax - have treated to Collinate wax also recently - shine is unreal on a silver car which i think can be hard. 7. Wheel wax - interior and glass is all C Guys

You based in C Durham - was looking for a good detailer for some marks i just can't remove without a buffing - i am in Lincolnshire
    Sounds like a good routine you've got there....try Chemical Guys Pete's 53 in the summer months as this will make it look even better
    Yes we are based just outside Stanley about 10 minutes from Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessA4 View Post
    Yea Jen. I mostly have about an inch of muck to blow off the rubber every week. The girlfriends driveway is a stone/muck one, so as you can imagine, i "love" driving to her house after giving the car a good Detail !!!!

I just found that even after a pre/wash and wash an rinse there still is some residue of the old tyre gel in the ridges of the tyre wall, and the new gel dosent seem to adhere as well as it dose without a through clean.

Personal opinion i suppose :-P
    Sounds like the drive to do to school and back in the Navara....but then the truck has to look dirty lol
    FlawlessA4 likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    On your recommendation I've just placed an order for some now!! And a bundle of other stuff (Karcher lance / sealant / detail spray ......)!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

A-k
    Neutral

Status
    Just ordered some Gtechniq T1 to test out if its anything like its other products it should be fairly decent... I have been using for some time now black fire long lasting tyre gel, with a good scrub of the tyre with APC then application lasts a few weeks but i do a lot of milage.

1st Gear

Status
    Check out Tuf Shine. A bit of prep is needed but it lasts months.
    A4 B7 2.0T FSI S-LINE Akoya Silver, Xenon plus pack, RS 6's, MFSW, Dension, Auto dimming mirror, Light/Rain sensor, Bose, Isofix, Split folding seats, Rear side blinds, Rear window blind, Centre armrest, Auto boot Lid, Cargo parcel net/hooks,Loadliner & Votex Rear Diffuser. Tyres: presently running Vredenstein Sessanta's: SUPERB!

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    a good scrub with nail brush removes not only dirt but old tyre shine once this has been done use a tyre applicator or a small sponge.

the sprays i found not to work well try the megs gel this seems to last weeks i normally put 2 coats on one quick one let this dry off then another coat to keep the shine.

A-k
    Neutral

Status
    Had gtechniq T1 on for nearly two weeks holding up well so far...

wax on, wax off

Status
    gliptone tyre jelly is very impressive, lasts ages and is dead easy to apply as its, well a jelly! LOL.
    A4 B6 1.9 tdi 130. Slowly modding but don't tell the missus.
    Front ambient lighting
    Eibach sportlines.
    Audi TT Alloys.