whats this ?

My mate's dad got some of that & I gave it a go on his m3, but I didn't get on with it.

I still love AG HD wax!

Pat

treat yourslf to it and post up your own results/findings.

treat yourslf to it and post up your own results/findings.

done more reading on it on detaling world ( not this one but simmilar ebay product ) they recon PTFE needs baking on

Hard to buff with out a DA ?

That I don't know, didn't try it with DA, I really like poorboys & I use these with DA then AG HD wax by hand. I've just done both cars ready for the winter, done my S3 for the first time & it's changed colour!! Lol

Pat

so is this like the nano technology currantly bing used to protect gel coats on boats? they said last time i heard bout this stuff that it was unsutable for cars as it didnt leave a glossy enough finish and couldnt be polished to high sheen

That I don't know, didn't try it with DA, I really like poorboys & I use these with DA then AG HD wax by hand. I've just done both cars ready for the winter, done my S3 for the first time & it's changed colour!! Lol

Pat
hopefully for the better ?

so is this like the nano technology currantly bing used to protect gel coats on boats? they said last time i heard bout this stuff that it was unsutable for cars as it didnt leave a glossy enough finish and couldnt be polished to high sheen
i dont think its nanno

hopefully for the better ?

Oh yes it's a real lush blue now, the last owner used colour magic on it which was a real PITA to get off!

Anyway think like this.... PTFE is what plumbers use lol

If you want to try something new & you have a DA, try MEG's microfiber system.
I'm going to give it a go next show season

Pat

sounded simular to wa i read about the nano stuff didnt think it was as the nano stuff was crazy money

I was at a confrence last year and i know one of our suppiesrs if deveopling nanno ketchen worktops that stay clean ( mental )

Anyway think like this.... PTFE is what plumbers use lol
Pat

yes PTFE tape thats the first thing i thought.
if you used poorboys black hole/ would you then need to use nattys to seal?
i am verry new to detaling. lol
the reson i am asking is i dont wanna waste any money or time really/ so would you get the stuff above or just get the two i have just mentioned. i use turtle wax ice as its a good quick detaler and beads well but still gets very dusty after a week or two.

I use turtle wax ice as its a good quick detaler and beads well but still gets very dusty after a week or two.

Anything you use is going to get dusty after a week, I wash every weekend but that's just me.
If you are just starting out detailing then look on detailing world, those guys really know what the are talking about!

Imo if you are starting out then look on sites like "clean my car" "ultimate finish" "polished bliss" everyone has used a product that they get on with & like & will push (like me lol) but buy a kit thats in you're price range (ultimate finish do kits)

I'm one for trying different products & spending money lol
But if I didn't have any products I'd try Meg's microfiber system

Pat

Anything you use is going to get dusty after a week, I wash every weekend but that's just me.
If you are just starting out detailing then look on detailing world, those guys really know what the are talking about!

Imo if you are starting out then look on sites like "clean my car" "ultimate finish" "polished bliss" everyone has used a product that they get on with & like & will push (like me lol) but buy a kit thats in you're price range (ultimate finish do kits)

I'm one for trying different products & spending money lol
But if I didn't have any products I'd try Meg's microfiber system

Pat

Good to know its normal. i need to go for this or poor boys i think. whats good for rubbers ( window and door int+ ext)

AutoGlym vynal care if good for rubbers for the black plastics i use black wow its a ***** to apply but results last check out the guides on detailing world as said above and read the product reviews on site like clean your car elite car car monza waxomo etc its all down to personal choice really and wa product u like using personally i love the dodo stuff i have some zymol to try have used poorboys and thought it was good for money but the best products i found for very little money at mo is angel wax handmade hand poured products at budget prices but they are still very good products

AutoGlym vynal care if good for rubbers for the black plastics i use black wow its a ***** to apply but results last check out the guides on detailing world as said above and read the product reviews on site like clean your car elite car car monza waxomo etc its all down to personal choice really and wa product u like using personally i love the dodo stuff i have some zymol to try have used poorboys and thought it was good for money but the best products i found for very little money at mo is angel wax handmade hand poured products at budget prices but they are still very good products

judt goes to show dosnt it ? i think some meguires stuff is over priced.

Link Darren?

didnt like to show favor for one site over another Mark but since you asked and your names blue here you go
AngelWax

still starting out so basic site but the shampoo is great stuff glass cleaner spot on the wheel sealer has been voted top by whatcar (havent tryed it myself yet) the wax smells lovely and the reviews on detailing world are good too (as soon as i try it i will post the results)

Its hard too see thout the bull crap cos companys like maguires have masave marketing crap. so you get bobmbarded with it i imadgin judo is the same

this looks good what you think DA used ?
DSCF0100.JPG

I would say yes 100%.
Looks good tho don't you think?

Pat

yeah awsome if that was done by hand was gonna run out and get it its called victoria DEEP WAX just got back from audi that cant wash cars to save there life

Once a car is mine & I've cleaned/detailed it, NO one touches it!
I once let a hand car wash place clean one of my cars (a good few years ago now) & the sprayed TFR on it & it dry'd in...... The car was a right off! Lol
Ture!
Never again!

Pat

Once a car is mine & I've cleaned/detailed it, NO one touches it!
I once let a hand car wash place clean one of my cars (a good few years ago now) & the sprayed TFR on it & it dry'd in...... The car was a right off! Lol
Ture!
Never again!

Pat
i asked them not to but as i have said they never listen. did have a bottle of water and ice scraper in my car tho lol.
dont tust those hand car washes its either ilegal easten euro's or 16 year old little turds. using bushes of all things and then putting it face down wating for the next car WTF.

whats TFR ? i use snow foam in a presure sprayer. gonna get a foam lance from karcher.

TFR is traffic film remover

Snow foam, that's the only way forward!

Nice!

Pat

would you snow foam let it drop, spray, then resnow but agitate second time ?

sorry i mean
snow foam and let drop ( touchless)
rinse
re snow foam ( use a mit to remove the smaller dirt )

What I do is, snow foam leave a few minutes then wash off (pressure wash) then a two bucket wash. I use a lambs wool mit top half of the car then microfiber mit bottom half (wheel level down)
I do 1/4 of the car then change clear water, & so on.

But I've got OCD! Lol

Pat

i am getting like that now. lol
think i am gonna go for that stuff ( e-bay and 50/ 50 my car ) with turtlewax ice then review

Had a look at that stuff.
looks like you guys like your motors ! Id stick to what you know unless someone you know has tried it themselves. can be risky stuff. theres no real regulation on products for sale, so you wouldnt know what your putting on your car paint !!!!!
That's pretty much like the 'Deamon Shine' product. Or even Turtle wax quick wax.
It has a tiny grade of cut and mostly fillers with a little sealant. the whole PTFE thing there forcing down your eyeballs is in most Chemical related Finishing products like turtle wax and Deamon shine- in small amounts. And in High Volumes in Directly related products like AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection for instance. Its good Marketing by those e-bay guys, but i wouldnt buy it !
At the end of the day, if you want really good results with out the effort try "Poor Boy's - Black Hole". Amazing stuff, i use it on my own car all the time. Best suited for Dark coloured cars. Then seal it in with some AutoGlym-Extra Gloss Protection. (that won the most durable and long lasting sealant by the way) Should last ages.
Hope this helps.
Padraic

Do you not put a hard wax on top of the sealant?

Pat

poor boys is a glase right? and the natty paste is a seal?
so what t wax ice - ?

method I use for my black A4 is
jet wash/rinse the worst of the dirt
two bucket method with grit guards then to wash with wax safe shampoo n DoDo Wookie
touch dry with microfiber drying towel (DoDo double touch)
clay if needed
lime prime lite as there are less abrasives
duraglos 111 wet look polish applied with foam pad removed with microfiber
DoDo Supernatural Wax applied with finger mouse and removed with buffing towel
DoDo Supernatural Hybrid Wax applied and removed the same
then I layer both supernatural waxes so they get 2 coats each

finds this brings the black out great and its all hand work no machines (not yet anyway)
it lasts ages jus the regular wash will bring it back to how it was jus after u buffed the last coat of wax

Reactions: nally