My new 2007 A3 Detailed

cloughy

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the site and recently picked up a 2007 A3 TDI 170 S Tronic, she might not look dirty but really needed a good clean, clay and polish.

I took all the wheels off one by one, cleaned the wheel arches, wire brushed the calipers and treated all the plastics. The alloys all looked like this...

but a short while later got them looking like this...

They came up well and they were also refurbed, then a few coats of poorboys wheel sealant. Next was the twin exhaust, like a muppet i forgot to take a before picture but it was basically black! 20 mins later using some Brasso they came up looking this this...

Few minutes after that the rear was de badged.....

Next was to chuck in an armrest and some aluminium pedals...

The piano black inserts were badly scratched...

I used Xerapol plastic scratch remover with polish, great stuff and brought the inserts back to new condition!

and the final result....

The car was clayed then few coats of Autoglym SRP, after that 2 coats of Collinite 476. One of the wheels (pictured) had some kerb damage. Tried refurbing myself using Wurth german alloy paint....never again!!!!!! Got the scratches out but the finish was ****e, got a pro refurb a few days later. Learnt a valuable lesson there, no DIY! £40 paint and materials down the drain lol

Thanks for looking!

cloughy

Last edited by a moderator:
good work matey , personaly i wouldnt have jacked it up using the standard jack ive had them fail on me before dont trust them at all lol

Thanks peeps, got a trolley jack on my xmas list, good job it didn't fail when I had my head underneath! lol

looking good mate, like what you done with the black inserts

Cloughy,looks nice that pal them inserts look great!!!