Recommend me some detailing products polish/wax/wheel sealent etc

afcjay

Reaction score
Hi,

Im a bit out of touch with the detailing world these days but was hoping people could recommend me some product as all mine are running low

I have a dolphin grey a3 8p

The products i have at the moment are meguires clay,autoglym super resin polish and collinite wax but as i say,they are all now running low

Can people suggest a decent shampoo,polish,wax and alloy wheel sealent.

Thanks in advance

have you considered a good aio product? I recently bought chemical guys blacklight and Hybrid v7 spray sealant. Everyone is raving about it atm and it seems like good stuff.

Shampoo that im using atm is Chemical guys maxi suds or zymol autowash, For a dedicated wax i go for dodo juice purple haze/blue velvet. Sealant autoglym egp as i find it holds up amazingly well.

Wheel sealant im using is poorboys but there are alot higher end brands that will last longer.

Hi,

Im a bit out of touch with the detailing world these days but was hoping people could recommend me some product as all mine are running low

The products i have at the moment are meguires clay,autoglym super resin polish and collinite wax but as i say,they are all now running low

Thanks in advance

For dolphin grey, a sealant will be best.

I'd go with either Meguiar's Quik Clay Meguiar's Quik Clay Kit | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products or Auto Finesse Clay Auto Finesse Clay | Auto Finesse Car Care & Detailing Products with Last Touch as a lubricant: Meguiar's Last Touch | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products

Then a non-abrasive paint cleanser: Werkstat Prime Acrylic | Werkstat Car Care & Detailing Products this'll sharpen the finish, remove ingrained dirt and grime and lay a base coat of sealant, extending the durability of the sealant.

The sealant I'd use is Auto Finesse Tough Coat: Auto Finesse Tough Coat | Auto Finesse Car Care & Detailing Products - very easy to use, really great finish, strong durability and a slick surface.

And, it's on special offer; free bottle of shampoo this month (as per the offer noted on the site).

Wheel sealant: use Werkstat Acrylic Prime first, then Poorboy's Wheel Sealant: Poorboy's Wheel Sealant | Poorboy's Car Care & Detailing Products

Let me know if I can advise further!

:)

Hi there, look up Al @AMDetail..........................Car Care Products | Valeting | Detailing | Elgin, Inverness

Ive just purchased alot of his products as he has a chemist on board with him producing his own stuff
I have not one bad word to say about the products.......theyre all ****** good and have even got my old man to buy them for his Lexus ISF.

Regards

Brodster

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Shampoo - Dodo Juice Born to be mild or Autofinesse Lather
Polish - Autofinesse Tripple (its awesome by hand on that colour)
Wax - Hmm theres many great ones but depends on your budget! I would say Supernatural Hybrid would be a good move at 23.50 from JuicyJen off of here!
Wheel Sealant - Autofinesse mint rims

Hope that helps

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Shampoo - Valet Pro Poseidon's Carnauba wash (£5-£10)
Polish - Autoglym SRP - it's really good stuff you needn't change
Wax - Collinite 476 - Looks like you have this too, again it's good stuff
Alloys wheel - Poorboys wheel sealant (approx £12) great stuff!

meguiars tyre gel is brilliant stuff too!

I used all of the above on my mrs's dolphin grey A3 and it came up a bloomin treat

Last edited:
shampoo - dodo juice supernatural
polish - poorboys blackhole glaze
wax - use a sealant - finishkare 1000p
alloys - finishkare 1000p or poorboys wheel sealent

Depends on budget mate...if you want to spend around £60-£70 then get the full werks kit along with their shampoo and you wont go far wrong or

Zymol Auto Wash, not many use it but it is still one of the best i use
Bilt Hamber Clay
Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze
Collinite 845

and for the wheels

Everbrite Wheel Guard or Permanon Aircraft Supershine

Russ