Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Which is the best Polish???

Hi all.

I require some decent polish for my silver a3. Unsure which to buy. Ideally one that doesn't need scraping off or that leaves a white scum after use????

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Do you mean a polish (a product contains abrasives to remove some paint and hence some defects) or a protection product (eg wax or sealant?)

1st Gear

Status
    If your talking a polish then i would go with autofinesse tripple mate!

Fantastic by hand and the easiest polish i have come across and also gives the best results by hand so absolutley great!

If its wax'sealant as above for the finish i would say supernatural hybrid would be fantastic at this time of year although a dedicated sealant on silver might be the way to go in which case John will be the man to answer that for you.

1st Gear

Status
    Im talking polish, as in to make the paint nice and smooth. Then a decent sealant as winter is coming

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3rob View Post
    Im talking polish, as in to make the paint nice and smooth. Then a decent sealant as winter is coming
    In honesty, on Audi paint, working by hand, a true polish will be a waste of time and effort! The paint's so hard that you won't be able to cut into it.

Instead, on silver, I'd decontaminate with a clay bar to make the surface smooth: Meguiar's Quik Clay Kit | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products then apply a paint cleanser: Werkstat Prime Acrylic | Werkstat Car Care & Detailing Products and sealant: Auto Finesse Tough Coat | Auto Finesse Car Care & Detailing Products

The paint cleanser will improve the appearance of the paint, draw out deep seated grime and dirt and lay down a base coat of sealant. It can also be used on glass and metal parts including wheels and exhaust tips.

Auto Finesse Tough Coat is an excellent sealant, very easy to use, outstanding finish and strong durability. If you buy it before the end of the month, you'll get a free bottle of shampoo too (see product page for details) A sealant will give a more reflective look on silver than a wax and the surface will be more slick, stopping dirt sticking and making cleaning easier too.