EM TuningVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

Breakthrough with DA oops !

But of trail before having a go at my Audi , tried a bit on a grey Nissan hence different paint. Used less aggressive pad and polish but looks like I took a bit too much away and have just broken through the clear coat on a couple of spots. Is the a way to fix it ?
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    I never thought i would ever hear of someone burning through whilst using a DA.. Heavy hand's cost money.. We always tell people to take there time. You should book yourself on a course so you can be taught properly, but saying that there are so many people out there doing paint correction that are not certifeid.. Pitty

Training is the only way, would you leave you pride and joy with someone that is not qualified ?
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

3rd Gear

Status
    Well to be fair its not burned, wrong term perhaps, I have just gone a bit too far on a couple of very small patches and its gone through the clear coat to the paint so at certain angles it looks duller than the rest of the surface and yes it was a rookie mistake !
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

2nd Gear

Status
    I dare say the clear coat was failing before you got at it? Anyway I've never tried this but I've heard good things, it might help, it might not but.......

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM82 View Post
    I dare say the clear coat was failing before you got at it? Anyway I've never tried this but I've heard good things, it might help, it might not but.......

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0
    Interesting, thanks, might try that for my aluminium screen pillers !

2nd Gear

Status
    Have you got any pictures of the damage?

If you have gone through the clearcoat, even only in patches, repainting the panel is the only option.

Can you tell me what pad & polish you were using and talk us through your method a little; machine speed, work area, number of passes etc?

(A little late and unhelpful at the moment, but hopefully for anyone correcting in the future; this is why using a paint depth gauge is vital.
    Further, if a DA can do this, just think what a rotary can do..... maybe a warning to the plethora of novices I've seen in the past few months who reckon they can go straight in with a rotary, no paint gauge, no experience - and crucially, no insurance for working on other folk's cars - and all will be well.....)

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Using a PDG is must. John is correct the panels will need painting if the clearcoat is damaged..

Heavy hands cost Money.. I can not strees this enough.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS