Audi paint correction pad/polish combination....

A-k

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just picked up my new A3, going to be giving it a detail soon (when I get time to do my own). The car is brand new but noticed the some faint swirls which I would like corrected before application of C1, detailed plenty of different cars but not an Audi closest ones would be a VW transporter. Done a few solid paint on BMW's how does the Audis paint work fair correction wise.

My previous car had paint like butter and was easily corrected with a finishing pad and menz 85re, any decent combos of pads polish you find works well for Audis, got quite a mixture of pads just though I would ask here to save me experimenting with everything.

Would preferably like to use the DA polisher but can use Rotary too, not used it in a good while though.

Cheers

Ash

Last edited:
one of the pros will be along soon to give you your answer i would have thought, i am not experienced enough to give you a constructive answer lol

Thanks mate, got a few pad combos I can try out just wondering what people have the most success with will try out the lake county & Menz polishing & cutting pads with Menz 203s Or 3m extra fine failing that can always give the 3.02 or fast cut.

Might pop out past polished bliss and pic their brains need a few bits anyway.

Here you go, the paint on this A4 was bad real bad.

Products Used
VP Snow Foam Combo.
Z-18 Clay.
3M FC 50417
Menz FG s500
Menz po203s
Menz p106fa
LC YC Pad
LC OLC Pad
LC Finish Pad.
CG Black Light

3pm Friday 17 June The day before the wedding.

Intital Inspection
IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

All The Panels Were Heavily swirled/Scratched

IMG_0019-1.jpg

Due to starting this car at 3pm we could only offer Darren our Enhancement Detail (Stage1 correction) As the Wedding Was The Following Day.

Snow Foam Combo was used
IMG_0008-1-1-1.jpg

After Wash and Clay We Got The Car Into The Garage To Have A Good Look..

Shocking.

IMG_0048-1.jpg

Darren Was Correct All Panel Were Sratched And Swirled.
IMG_0049-1.jpg

IMG_0024-1.jpg

After Taking Paint Reading's All Was Fine, So Time To Crack On .

Stage1 Correction Shots.

Before.
IMG_0039-1.jpg

After
IMG_0040-1.jpg

Before & After

IMG_0042-2-2.jpg

Boot
Before & After

Bonnet
Before & After
IMG_0065-2.jpg

Time As Always Was Flying. 1:30 am We Were Happy That 90% Of The Defects Were Corrected.

Finished Shots.

IMG_0065-1.jpg

IMG_0036-1.jpg

IMG_0067-1.jpg

IMG_0059-1.jpg

IMG_0047-1.jpg

Thanks mate, got a few pad combos I can try out just wondering what people have the most success with will try out the lake county & Menz polishing & cutting pads with Menz 203s Or 3m extra fine failing that can always give the 3.02 or fast cut.

Might pop out past polished bliss and pic their brains need a few bits anyway.

Just pop out past - if you can take the car that'd be even better. I'll be amazed if we need to go to FG500 or Fast Cut - sure we can get a better combo and avoid ripping paint off with some of those two.

Meguiar's 105 or RD3.02 with a Lake Country Cyan or the Menz pads will probably be ideal for the correction.

:)

Just pop out past - if you can take the car that'd be even better. I'll be amazed if we need to go to FG500 or Fast Cut - sure we can get a better combo and avoid ripping paint off with some of those two.

Meguiar's 105 or RD3.02 with a Lake Country Cyan or the Menz pads will probably be ideal for the correction.

:)

Aye shouldn't think I would need to go to the fast cut etc the swirls are minor.. Will pop out past tomorrow or Friday.

Ash

Cheers john For the advice today turns outlive got a few of those pads already a bit used though so a nice fresh one should be better will hopefully get this done next next next weekend...

Went past pps in Inverurie they look like they do a good job a bit busy just now but will be putting the wheels in at beginning of oct.

Last edited: