Spin Doctor Pro?

rockape

Per ardua
Reaction score
Went on a beginners rotary course at the weekend so Im now looking for my first machine. Tried a few of the pro machines, 3m, festool and the makita. Ill be keeping the torture machine(Da) for now but don't think I'll miss those numb hands :laugh:

Out of the above machines I really liked the 3m however the Dodo Juice Spin Doctor pro seems to be really good value and has evolved into a better machine with the ditching of the digital speed display for a normal dial with trigger and a more ergonomicaly designed handle. The start up at 1000 rpm some would say is still too high though. Anyway has anyone got or used either the pro or the normal one and can give me their thoughts on its characteristics?

Cheers

Last edited:
Never used one myself, was going to go for one but the 1000rpm start up is to high I think, need something around 600-700 really.

Have you thought about the CYC ep800 CleanYouCar - EP800 Compact Rotary Polisheror the money it's a great polisher.

Cheers mate, yeah I had a go of the cyc rotary and it is a very nice machine for the money. Only things I didn't really like were the the on/off switch and the speed dial being at the end like a da. There's another version of it called the ep801 which looks spot on but nobody seems to be selling it over here yet. Tbh Im edging more to the 3m but that's more spends and not sure its worth the extra.

I would love a 3M but can't justify spending that much on one.

I've been using a Silverline, great machine but to heavy and the power lead is way to short and it's just about had it now so I think I'm going to get the ep800 but as you mentioned the only thing that was putting me off was the DA style of the machine.