Pink car

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
My work colleague has purchased his daughter a Corsa after passing her test but its in pink but should be red so UV's have damaged the paint,are there any ways to restore it and or maintain it ? He mentioned a respray but the thing is only a grands worth ! I did tell him to buy an Audi but he said he's not loaded.

common thing with vauxhall paint mate , a half desent valeter will be able to bring the colour back to life and to maintain it just keep ontop of the waxing and it should keep it nice and red , you can do it by hand yourself but it will take ages to do , if your doing it yourself a d.a and some light cutting compound will bring it back to life , it will defo not need a respray thats for sure

As above really Jason. Any mild/medium cut polish will do the job - by hand or DA polisher. (albeit DA easier and more effective)

From then on, it needs keeping on top of. I don't know much about the colour pigments failing like that; seem to recall you need lots of oils in it to help preserve and maintain though. Something like Megs #7 show glaze followed by a decent wax?

this was done with a rotary buffer and a light cutting polish
200710_172983406083561_172977236084178_343862_180884_n.jpg

so it can be done easy enough matey , meguars 3 stage system is good work quite well to be fair ive used it a few times

I looked into this before and was told that it couldnt be fixed. From what i understand the earlier vauxhalls had single stage paint, i.e. no separate layer of lacquer, rather than two stage (paint layer then lacquer). When polishing you effectively remove oxidation and blemishes from the lacquer layer so with a car painted using single stage method it is very hard to correct. No doubt that machine polishing and waxing will improve it but I'm not sure if you will ever get the red colour back.

Best place for advice would be detailing world man, plenty of guys on there with first hand experience

that pic was a vauxhall john lol , but detailing world is a great forum lots of people on there who have seen this loads of times

Thanks I'll pass on the good advice

its mainly trial and error with paintwork if poss try a few different polishes and the one that gives the best finish is the one to use

I looked into this before and was told that it couldnt be fixed. From what i understand the earlier vauxhalls had single stage paint, i.e. no separate layer of lacquer, rather than two stage (paint layer then lacquer). When polishing you effectively remove oxidation and blemishes from the lacquer layer so with a car painted using single stage method it is very hard to correct. No doubt that machine polishing and waxing will improve it but I'm not sure if you will ever get the red colour back.

Best place for advice would be detailing world man, plenty of guys on there with first hand experience

With single stage paint, you're doing the same thing; removing a portion of the paint to reveal an unblemished layer beneath.

For this problem, working by hand I'd use Auto Finesse Rejuvinate: Auto Finesse Rejuvenate | Auto Finesse Car Care & Detailing Products with a Light Cut pad: Lake Country Light Cut Hand Pad | Heavyweight Hand Polishing Pad

Combination of mild abrasives and chemical paint cleansers - should give good results.

You will get faster and better results by machine and with that, I'd use a Tangerine Pad: Lake Country 140 mm Hydro-Tech Pads | Lake Country Car Care & Detailing Products and Menzerna 203S