Meguiars wheel brush............er no thanks !

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
Bought a Meguiars wheels brush to help me get into the 'holes' in my wheels. They are a solid faced wheel with holes not spokes. Very poor impression from first use. Glorified pipe cleaner that bends very easily. Spatters sh1t all over the place. Doesnt actually clean that well as obviously you are relying on lots of bristles to work over the surface of the paint so it 'scratches' through the dirt but unless you stayed on each wheel a very long time you are just better off wiping it over with a cloth. Also you clean the wheel first using normal methods, then use this brush in the holes which pulls all the crap from back of the wheel and hubs, brakes etc and it proceeds to flick crap all over the face of what was a relatively clean wheel so you have to clean the face of wheel again, Oh, and your own face as well as you are covered in splatters of dirty water!

Anyone want a used once Meguiars wheel brush for a fiver ?? !!!!:whistle2:

haha ive done it too mate dont worry prob loads have too i bought a halfrauds interior brush ages ago it lasted 2 mins before it broke up in the end i just waited and got one from autoglym instead and have still got it not lasted about 2 years so far lol

We use this type for all wheel types along with smaller detail brushes for the faces and bolt holes..

£20.00 and last for ever..
IMG_0431-2.jpg

I have a swissvax detail brush, I think I will use that. Got some Wolfs Nano something or other cleaner and sealer stuff coming so see how that goes.

Had one of the Megs wheel brushes before, the bright yellow one, snapped after a month.

Think i might sub the Meguiars brush into the toilet brush stand, that way I can have a posh £8.99 toilet brush not a £1.99 one!!
I think I am with you Moag, get me fingers in there with a cloth.

I bought one of the meguiars brushes couple weeks back and yes, there cr@p!!

Mine fell apart after using it on one wheel! They replaced it, but still, not worth it at all!

:uhm: maybe, do the a new version of the toothbrush gag, take a picture of me using the Meguiars brush in the toilet pan, then go take it back to Halfruads try and take a refund out of them????:laugh:

I had a megs brush and couldn't get on with it, ended up with the EZ brush pictured in CMD's post which is much better. The bristles seem to be a bit softer so less flicking of brake dust all over you and they also clean better as well. A lot of people have had them snap at the base but you have to be careful not too much pressure pushing against the wheel. Yes the shaft does and will bend, but I read somewhere they were designed as a spoke brush to be used with a back and forth motion rather than side to side. I have both the small and the large sizes, the only problem with the small one is it doesn't quite reach to the inside of the wheel, but then they do have 265 section tyres on them so are quite wide:) Had mine over two years and no problems yet, just treat with a bit of care.

Risky post alert - my Megs wheel brush works fine for me on my standard refurbished Avus 17" rims. Had it a few months now and all is good. Tend to wash the car once every couple of weeks and no problems to report. Long enough to reach right through to the inside of the rims and the bristles aren't causing any scratches that I can see.

Might give one a go just to see how it goes. Wheels are a pain in the **** to keep clean

i use small paint brushes for the front and to get the inside and back of the wheel i use a tesco wheel brush but for the sake of 2 mins to take wheel off and put back on i just do that instead and use paint brush with wheel cleaner then wash off