Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status

flys

best thing to get the lil fukkers off with

2. # ADS
    ADS

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    bug and tar remover meguires stuff is good im sure john from pb will outline some great products

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Syvo View Post
    bug and tar remover meguires stuff is good im sure john from pb will outline some great products
    Sure will!

Poorboy's Bug Squash | Poorboy's Car Care & Detailing Products

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    all ways good products made by poorboys

6th Gear

Status
    If you have waxed the car, standard car shampoo will do the job. If it is a right sticky little ****er, try wd40 or T-Cut.
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post
    If you have waxed the car, standard car shampoo will do the job. If it is a right sticky little ****er, try wd40 or T-Cut.
    No to TCUT and No to WD40..
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Strange but I've found the best way to remove flys is to drive through a heavy rain storm. No always practical I know.

When I was driving back across France from a holiday in Germany the front of my car was covered in insects. Then it decided to chuck it down with rain and the next time I stopped they were no inspects at all on the front of the car or the screen.

The other method I sometimes use is, horror of horrors, put my car through a car wash. That has the same effect and I can choose when I do it.
    Last edited by h5djr; 3rd August 2011 at 20:06.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    Just keep your car waxed and they should just wash off fine with some warm water & a good quality car shampoo. No way would I be restorting to T-cut, WD40 or car washes personally. Maybe you have extra-sticky bugs in your neck of the woods.

events moderator

Status
    as the doctor says if your car is well waxed then there would be no need to resort to anything harsh all i do with mine is jet wash it and they are all gone sometime need to wash if with a mit but most of the time just water works just fine but then again my car is caked in wax lol
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

6th Gear

Status
    Ah well, each to their own, WD40 has worked for me, so has Tcut, saves spending money on a product that does the same thing. As for damaging paintwork, well, wd40 is a ****ing lubricant, so will not cause any harm. T cut just removes a fine layer of paint. People have used it for years and years. Some people don't know how to use it, so they probably need to spend more money on a product that does the clever stuff for them.

events moderator

Status
    Ah well, each to their own, WD40 has worked for me, so has Tcut, saves spending money on a product that does the same thing. As for damaging paintwork, well, wd40 is a ****ing lubricant, so will not cause any harm. T cut just removes a fine layer of paint. People have used it for years and years. Some people don't know how to use it, so they probably need to spend more money on a product that does the clever stuff for them.
    ive never heard of wd40 being used for rly's but if it works then happy days , i wouldnt really want to take a small layer of paint off thoi just for flys as they are on there all the time in summer so i wouldnt want to do that too often wouldnt have any paint left in a few years lmfao

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Strange but I've found the best way to remove flys is to drive through a heavy rain storm. No always practical I know.

When I was driving back across France from a holiday in Germany the front of my car was covered in insects. Then it decided to chuck it down with rain and the next time I stopped they were no inspects at all on the front of the car or the screen.

The other method I sometimes use is, horror of horrors, put my car through a car wash. That has the same effect and I can choose when I do it.
    thats one way i suppose lol

TDIPOWARRR

Status
    Autosmart G101 at around 1:3 will take them off easily.

But give the car a wax and they will come off with just a wash no problem.

2nd Gear

Status
    WD40 is, technically, not a lubricant, it's a water dispersal product. It will remove flies, but then so does Tardis (tar remover) - it's quite heavily petrochemical laden.

G101, if you want to use it, use it at 30:1 - 3:1 is way too strong; you could stain plastic trims permanently at 3:1. 3:1 will degrease engines with ease.

T-Cut will work - but it's very aggressive, you'll be removing paint and you'll end up with a hazy finish as the abrasives in it don't break down.

It'll work, but it's like wiping your backside with sandpaper.....

TDIPOWARRR

Status
    Never had that problem with G101 myself, used it straight in the past, just on front bumper and wingmirrors, leave it 2 minutes and pressure wash the flys off, stopped doing it though as you can expect it was working out pretty expensive.

6th Gear

Status
    It'll work, but it's like wiping your backside with sandpaper....

I have to ask....................how do you know that

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    It'll work, but it's like wiping your backside with sandpaper....

I have to ask....................how do you know that
    im thinking hes kinky