AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rustynlc

Thread: seats

MPG the new BPH

Status

seats

hello peeps

I am a complate novice when it comes to detaling ( was my car about every three weeks) i use turtle wax ice every time after use as its quick easy and no white marks.

I want to clean the inside of my wheels and i use theeel brushes and on the inside its stil very dirty can you help? i just use a cheap non acid wheel cleaner.

question two ( most important ) i clean my cloth interior and it is going slightly lighter ( grey ) on the sides ( sport seats) my dads two year old car also dose this ( much worse than my audi) and i am trying to find a product to make the sides darker agin ( idealy) in possible or help stop it getting worse ?

Cheers Mike

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

2. # ADS
    ADS

MPG the new BPH

Status
    any one ?

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

1st Gear

Status
    i use simoniz upolstery cleaner, bought from the rip off men dressed in orange and black but the only place i could find it near me,thats brought my seats back the darker shade grey, as the were a faded grey, almost like they were sun bleached or somthing, my theory is dirt dust and grime gets worked in to the seats and gives the appearance they are faded but a good clean should revive them, i tried alot of products and got by far the best result with this, just folow the instructions on the can, and as always test on a small patch first, and as for the insides of the wheels, i just sit with a bucket or warm water some alloy wheel cleaner and a brush, and a lot of good old elbow grease, the muck is abit stubborn due to the different types or muck, break dust, road dirt, tar, and god knows whatever elase you unwittingly drive over or through, just keep at it untill someone else can shed light on a special cleaner mate
    nally likes this.

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Use a WETVAX and you will see some good results..

We did these seats for a guy.

Dirty interior
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

4th Gear

Status
    There's loads of different fabric cleaners around and not everyone has got a wetvax!!!
    I used to use Autoglym upholstery cleaner which was ok, with a damp sponge or microfibre cloth.

Unfortunately, there's not a cheap way to do an initial clean on alloys, without using an acidic cleaner. It's more of a process involving
    different chemicals, which is initially a biggish cost unfortunately. You're better taking them off aswell, but once they're clean and protected properly, they are really easy to maintain and keep clean.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

CMD

Status
    Also a hand held steamer will do a good job.. For wheel's use Bilbeery or IronX as these are both very safe.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

4th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=CMD;1321240]Also a hand held steamer will do a good job.. For wheel's use Bilbeery or IronX as these are both very safe.[/QUOTE

I'm guessing he's looking for spray on product that's easy to use without the expense of buying relatively expensive tools.

The 2 products will get the wheels clean, but not spotless, if they've never been cleaned and protected properly.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

CMD

Status
    I know this. But many people like nally are looking for a quick fix . With regards to using a wetvax and steam gun, these will last longer and outperform many interior products and will save money in the long run.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rustynlc View Post
    i use simoniz upolstery cleaner, bought from the rip off men dressed in orange and black
    Halfrauds

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Use a WETVAX and you will see some good results..

We did these seats for a guy.

Dirty interior
    bloody hell its like one of those add's that are on a at 2am

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyboy View Post
    There's loads of different fabric cleaners around and not everyone has got a wetvax!!!
    I used to use Autoglym upholstery cleaner which was ok, with a damp sponge or microfibre cloth.

Unfortunately, there's not a cheap way to do an initial clean on alloys, without using an acidic cleaner. It's more of a process involving
    different chemicals, which is initially a biggish cost unfortunately. You're better taking them off aswell, but once they're clean and protected properly, they are really easy to maintain and keep clean.
    thats was the next though to take em off to get the best clean. just need to decide on what type of product i should go for

MPG the new BPH

Status
    I know this. But many people like nally are looking for a quick fix . With regards to using a wetvax and steam gun, these will last longer and outperform many interior products and will save money in the long run.
    i will happily invest in a steam gun or wet vax ( ebay )

i just wanted to know if the seat product can darken the seats again i dont think its dirt. so if i am aggrasive in the valleting i am worried about if faiding more ( hardly noticable at the monent)

as for the wheels most the ( store pruchased stuff is lower in its acidity isnt it like less affective but idiot proof ) just wondered if its all smoke and millors. i have always used muck off but its not brilliant ( but verry safe)

Thanks Nally

CMD

Status
    Billberry and IronX are both 100% safe.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    sweel are you them member who has all the step by steps on rs3? golf gti mk2

MPG the new BPH

Status
    got my bilburry ordered cheers peeps ill update when i next wash me car next week.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    now looking at autosmart g101. to use with hand sprayer dont trust myselft with the jet wash. it seems to be a popular brand. any thoughts / advice ?

CMD

Status
    G101 is a great product for all your door shuts,jams and hinges aswel as the engine bay plastics (cold engine) and grills badges ect.. Like all APC products make sure to rinse the treated area well.. This is a tiny write up i did a few months back.
    Spring Clean
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

she's no d-turbo

Status
    the only way to clean cloth seats properly is with a wetvac.

G101 is a great product. Its quite strong so use it carefully

CMD

Status
    I said this in POST4
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    cheers peeps need to spart upgrading my detaling gear. i clean all our cars so its going to get used. in reg to seats i dont mean clean they have been steamed i mean getting the cloth darker again. my dada cars quite new and its really faided. can scotchguard help ?

as for the bilburry cant wait to take delivery and going to order my g101 tonight yeah
    next is good wheel gell, and seat proector/ darkener

MPG the new BPH

Status
    [QUOTE=CMD;1331111]G101 is a great product for all your door shuts,jams and hinges aswel as the engine bay plastics (cold engine) and grills badges ect.. Like all APC products make sure to rinse the treated area well.. This is a tiny write up i did a few months back.
    Spring Clean[/QUOTE

read this last night lol found it on the fourm one of the resons i went for the G101.

CMD

Status
    The product is a must for your cleaning kit..
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    hell yeah, really wanna clean my car now lol

CMD

Status
    Just rember to take your time. Your first major clean will take a few day's.. The Golf gti we done had taken us 2 weeks. Which inc a service, fault logging, wheel refurb, all new disc's and pad's full carpet and seat clean, engine bay detail and paint correction..

With cleaning any car it should be a joy not a chore God luck
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

she's no d-turbo

Status
    I said this in POST4
    Apologies....

MPG the new BPH

Status
    cheers whats the bets way to use g101. i.e touchless/ two bucket

MPG the new BPH

Status
    would it be worth picking two of these up for g101/ bilberry
    Wilko Pressure Sprayer 3ltr | Pressure Sprayer | | Water Products from Wilkinson Plus

she's no d-turbo

Status
    3x Autosmart 650ml Bottle HD Trigger Spray Car Valeting | eBay

Something like that would be a better option IMO. I keep all my products in cartec spray bottles similar to the autosmart ones, great job

MPG the new BPH

Status
    thats perfect for my wheels, what about somthing bigger for the g101 ?

MPG the new BPH

Status
    whats a good snow foam that dosnt cost the earth.