Best wax for Iron grey?

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
Looking for a wax for the wife's grey Peugeot that will highlight the sparkles nicely.

Autoglym HD wax, is cracking stuff!!

I've got a mineral grey A3, similar colour, which comes up amazingly well just by washing with Simoniz Wash and Wax from B&Q or Tesco.
I've often thought about waxing it but the shine left just by washing is amazing.
It leaves black plastic trim and the tyres looking dressed as well.

Her car is in great condition anyway, however, after a wash and dry today I used a clay bar to remove any particles, and I ran out of Megs Quick spray wax, so I used a really old bottle of carplan liquid wax. It has done a great job, but I know from having used Dodo Juice blue velvet pro that it could be even better!

The supernatural sounds good, it is difficult see the difference a good wax makes until you have used it on your car and left it in the rain for a few days.

Not sure how dark Iron Grey is, but just cleaned/clayed/polished my car using the Werkstat Acrylic Kit from Polished Bliss and I'm over the moon!

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Her car is in great condition anyway, however, after a wash and dry today I used a clay bar to remove any particles, and I ran out of Megs Quick spray wax, so I used a really old bottle of carplan liquid wax. It has done a great job, but I know from having used Dodo Juice blue velvet pro that it could be even better!

The supernatural sounds good, it is difficult see the difference a good wax makes until you have used it on your car and left it in the rain for a few days.
supernatural is amazing stuff its got more carnuba wax content than any other dodo juice wax they make as far as im aware so it gives it a really good shine plus durability is very good too ive not long put some on my own car so cant comment properly on how long it lasts but ive heard it does last for a long time

Hmmmm am tempted. I could end up spending more on my car than I do on food :)

one way to save money is to try it out first with a panel pot only around £16 for them and they do last for a few times less is more with wax , if you apply it with a (dam) foam applicator then it goes a long way

This is the grey fleck, so a wax that will make that fleck sparkle:

IMG_5023-1.jpg

IMG_5024-1.jpg

IMG_5021-1.jpg

as long as its in good condition then it should bring out the sparkle well , or even dodo juice light fantastic will do the same job or supernatural hybrid lots of choice i would have thought buddy

If you want the flake to stand out, a sealant will do this to a far higher extent than a wax.

On a metallic grey, as recommended above, the Werkstat Acrylic Kit will be ideal: Werkstat Acrylic Kit | Best Selling Synthetic Car Paint Protection Kit

It gives a really reflective finish, sets of the metallic incredibly well and it's durable.

One coat will give around 4 months' durability, you can layer it making it more durable (3-4 coats gives 5-6months) and the kit has sufficient product for up to 30 applications.

:)

Hmmm, got to think if I can spend £60 on it. I will ponder. Thanks guys.

Hmmm, got to think if I can spend £60 on it. I will ponder. Thanks guys.

The finish is superb and durability is excellent. Based on 4 months from one application and with a conservative estimate of 25 applications, you've got just over 8 years' worth of product!

The Acrylic kit works really well on all light and mid tone metallics. I actually like it on darker metallics and have it on my wife's solid black car where it looks really sharp.

Oyster Grey Megane finished with Werkstat May 2011 Winner | Show & Shine | Polished Bliss

Grey Subaru finished with Werkstat: February 2011 Winner | Show & Shine | Polished Bliss

:)

I'd second what John has said Werkstat is amazing stuff been using it for years now both on the Wife's Dolphin Grey and my Quartz Grey does an amazing job
P1040996_resize.jpg

P1080850.jpg

P1040999_resize.jpg