EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Az
    Hard slammed!

Status

What's best to treat leather creases and make it supple?

Hi all,

I have recently bought a full b7 rs4 bucket seat interior which is truly awesome, but I want to get it looking as good as possible.

It has some very slight creases on the bolsters which is to be expected as they do stick out quite a bit, and I want to use a product which makes the leather soft and supple again to try and get rid of the creases if possible?

I also want the leather to be a Matt finish like it is when it's new, not shiny and slippery like some products leave the leather.

Can anyone recommend me anything that will do exactly what I want??

Cheers,
    Arron
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Gliptone !
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Ah I've heard of gliptone, I'll do a search on it then!

Cheers mate.

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

2nd Gear

Status
    Raceglaze Leather Care kit: Raceglaze Leather Care Kit | Car Care Kit For Cleaning & Conditioning Leather

Super easy to use; lovely matt 'factory look' finish. Smells good too and you'll have enough in the kit for loads of applications.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Thanks for the link John! I've seen someone on here using this particular product when detailing there car, the write up on your site is good enough to make me want to order a kit, but, does it do what I'm after with regards to softening and effectively stretching or shrinking the leather where it's slightly creased to virtually eliminate, or fully eliminate the creases to bring it up like new? (not sure if I'm asking a lot from a product here?!)

5th Gear

Status
    I'm no expert but I would have thought that once the leather has stretched to the degree that it is creasing and 'baggy', that there wouldn't be a product available that would, in effect, tighten it up. I am more than willing to be corrected however. Meguiars do a good leather treatment that I used on my last car.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    Thanks for the link John! I've seen someone on here using this particular product when detailing there car, the write up on your site is good enough to make me want to order a kit, but, does it do what I'm after with regards to softening and effectively stretching or shrinking the leather where it's slightly creased to virtually eliminate, or fully eliminate the creases to bring it up like new? (not sure if I'm asking a lot from a product here?!)
    Hi,

The kit will make the leather more supple and will nourish the leather. If the creases are very deep then no, it won't restore them; that'll need a professional repair and dye kit.

My car has black leather and there are some creases on the bolster; these were white-ish when I got the car; the Raceglaze kit has improved their appearance. I'm not going to say it's like new, but it's a lot better. The leather is much softer now; additionally, it's less shiny and has a more matt, 'newer' look.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    That's great, thanks for the reply. I'm not expecting miracles but if its a noticeable improvement then I'll be happy. I'll get some pics of the said 'creases' over the weekend and post them in this thread to see what you think. Whilst we're on the subject of pics I don't suppose you have before and after pics of your leather from using this product do you John?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    That's great, thanks for the reply. I'm not expecting miracles but if its a noticeable improvement then I'll be happy. I'll get some pics of the said 'creases' over the weekend and post them in this thread to see what you think. Whilst we're on the subject of pics I don't suppose you have before and after pics of your leather from using this product do you John?
    Hi,

I don't have any photos of my normal road car but I did use the 2x products on my Lotus. The write-up's here: Polished Bliss®: my Lotus project..... - - Detailing World -