Bird poo etch mark

a3_dan

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Sods law, I just bought a White TT, washed it, came home from work last night and it was covered in the biggest mutant bird terd i have ever seen in my life, managed to clean it off (it was burnt on under the sun) and i have noticed it has left like an etched look of where it was in the paint. How can i best get rid of this without wrecking the paint?

Thanks,
Dan

Machine polishing is your only option I'm afraid.

It'll have etched into the lacquer; you'll need to remove a small portion of the lacquer to remove the etching.

The Audi paint is so hard, by hand, you'll never remove any lacquer/the defect.

Machine polishing is your only option I'm afraid.

It'll have etched into the lacquer; you'll need to remove a small portion of the lacquer to remove the etching.

The Audi paint is so hard, by hand, you'll never remove any lacquer/the defect.

Ah man, thats such an ****!

Would some normal autoglym resin polish be ok on a Ibis White Audi paint?

Thanks,
Dan

Ah man, thats such an ****!

Would some normal autoglym resin polish be ok on a Ibis White Audi paint?

Thanks,
Dan

It's not one we stock, but I know from personal experience it's not got much cut at all, it's more of a filler heavy/glaze type product. It 'might' mask the defects a little but in terms of removing them from Audi paint, I'd think it won't do a great deal.

We do have a special offer on machine polishers..... Special Offers | Car Care & Detailing Products

I know your pain Dan, I have same problem on bonnet two etched bird splats. :weight_lift2::weight_lift2: ***** Birds!!

i hate bird shizle does my head in where i used to live every 5 fricking mins there would be a new one on my nice clean car lol , but as john said machining is prob the best way to get it out properly without doing more damage than good with cheapo products it should only take 5 mins with a polisher mate

Got 3 etch marks on my bonnet this week, only got painted in May :(

Cracking the DA today to try and get rid though.

I'm in the exact same boat, bough my car a month ago and the previous owner clearly parked it under a tree! I've got marks from bird shizz on the roof and bonnet, everywhere else is perfect though.

I think I'm going to clay the whole car the machine polish the roof and bonnet, then poor boys black hole the autoglyms HD wax.....just wondering if John at PB would reccomend this to get the paint work back to its glory?

Thanks

I'm in the exact same boat, bough my car a month ago and the previous owner clearly parked it under a tree! I've got marks from bird shizz on the roof and bonnet, everywhere else is perfect though.

I think I'm going to clay the whole car the machine polish the roof and bonnet, then poor boys black hole the autoglyms HD wax.....just wondering if John at PB would reccomend this to get the paint work back to its glory?

Thanks

yes, claying will give you a nice clean surface to work on - the roof of the car is probably the area which will have the most fallout contamination (tree sap etc) so that'll be a good step. If it's really heavily contaminated, Tardis would be a good idea: it'll dissolve tree sap etc: Autosmart Tardis | Autosmart Car Care & Detailing Products

After you've decontaminated, a machine polish to remove etching will be needed. What pads, polish and machine are you planning to use?

Black Hole is ideal if there are still some residual marks - if you can correct the panel perfectly with the machine, this isn't a vital step.

We don't sell HD Wax and I've never used it so have no idea how it performs but generally speaking, a wax or sealant at this stage is the next step.

Let me know if I can advise further.

:)

Cheers John appreciate that as I just wanted to m,ake sure I was going about it the right way.

I'll get some pics up once I've done it and once the weather has cleard up one weekend! lol