Monster MotorsportBadger5
    6th Gear

Status

Cleaning or bringing textured black exteria trim back to life...Help please

I have a mk2 VW Golf which has recently been painted , The problem is the black Gti body kit is looking very dirty and grey. I havent fitted it again yet as i would like to try and clean/ treat it with something to do the new paintwork some justice.
    I did look to buy a new kit but as with alot of older cars... Its just not available anymore.
    Are there any products/secrets that will help me out?
    Thanks
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    I have a mk2 VW Golf which has recently been painted , The problem is the black Gti body kit is looking very dirty and grey. I havent fitted it again yet as i would like to try and clean/ treat it with something to do the new paintwork some justice.
    I did look to buy a new kit but as with alot of older cars... Its just not available anymore.
    Are there any products/secrets that will help me out?
    Thanks
    Swissvax Plastic Wash: Swissvax Plastic Wash | Swissvax Car Care & Detailing Products not cheap, but definitely worth it: and it works.

Clark did a MK2 a wee while back and raved about Plastic Wash: the write up is here: Polished Bliss: MK II Golf GTi...

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    auto glym trim cleaner is good stuff ive used that many times before on black trim gives great results

Neutral

Status
    Do you want to know a trade secret........????

Yes i hear you say, well a HEAT GUN!!!!

Use a heat gun and fan it left and right etc approx 6 inches away from plastic, make sure you keep it moving to stop it burning etc

this brings the plastics back to new and lasts forever.......you wont have to keep dressing it with sticky sh*t it will just stay black

You will see when you do it, move it closer or further depending on results

worked in bodyshops for years and have done this soooooooo many times with amazing results!!!!

Practice on something first if your not confident..........its a piece of p*ss to do

Have fun